This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
"Sweet and simple quilling paper strawberries that are the perfect touch for your summer cards and scrapbooks! These berries only require red, ivory and green quilling paper, and a few basic quilling tools, and they are the perfect quick craft for both beginner and intermediate quillers."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Type of Paper UsedQuilling Paper
- Red Quilling Paper
- Ivory Quilling Paper
- Green Quilling Paper
- Quilling Tool
- White Craft Glue
- Straight Pins
- Cork Board
- Waxed Paper
Print strawberry template and pin under waxed paper to cork work board.
To start with, make a few leaves for your berries. I like to make mine in various sizes for a little visual interest. For this size berry, use two 3-1/2" strips of bright green quilling paper, and one 2-1/2" strip. Simply make loose coils and pinch each into teardrops or marquise.
The stem is formed from the same shade of green. Starting with a 3" strip, roll a tight coil about halfway down the length of the strip. Remove your quilling tool, and let the coil go slightly. Add a small dot of glue between the coil and the rest of the strip, and pinch lightly to dry. To finish the 3-D effect for the stem, glue a small piece of green paper from the coil to end of the strip.
The next step to quilling these strawberries is to roll a whole bunch of seeds. Using 1" strips of ivory paper, roll tight coils. Once the ivory coils are dry, wrap each with 1-1/2" strips of red paper. Pinch each into a teardrop shape. Each berry needs about 25 seeds.
Place the seeds on the template under the leaves and stem in a varying pattern.
Once all the seeds are on the berry, make between 14-16 pinched coils from 1" red paper, exactly like the ivory seeds. With a little glue, attach the red teardrops around the edges of the seeds on the berries.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
We're pretty big fans of everything pink, which is why this With Love Aperture Gatefold Card is at the top of our must-make list! This… Continue reading: "With Love Aperture Gatefold Card"
- Paper Quilling Shape Practice Printable Worksheet
- Paper Quilling Scrolls Practice Printable Worksheet
- Paper Quilling Basics
- Lady in Red Quilled Paper Doll
- Mermaid Paper Quilling Design
- How To Quill Paper: Quilling a Word
- Paper Watermelon Quilling Art
- Quilled Hearts in Four Ways
- Bright Quilled Flower
- Lily of the Valley Quilled Flowers
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Christmas Scavenger Hunt Clues
- Free I Spy Christmas Printable
- Snowman Christmas Countdown Calendar
- Printable Christmas Word List Game
- Free Paper Placemats Christmas Printable
- Printable Christmas Color By Number Pages
- Ugly Sweater Party Printables
- How To Make Pine Cones Out Of Paper
- Simple Paper Christmas Ornaments
- Free Hanukkah Coloring Pages For Kids
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas