This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
"Sweet and simple quilling paper strawberries that are the perfect touch for your summer cards and scrapbooks! These berries only require red, ivory and green quilling paper, and a few basic quilling tools, and they are the perfect quick craft for both beginner and intermediate quillers."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Type of Paper UsedQuilling Paper
- Red Quilling Paper
- Ivory Quilling Paper
- Green Quilling Paper
- Quilling Tool
- White Craft Glue
- Straight Pins
- Cork Board
- Waxed Paper
Print strawberry template and pin under waxed paper to cork work board.
To start with, make a few leaves for your berries. I like to make mine in various sizes for a little visual interest. For this size berry, use two 3-1/2" strips of bright green quilling paper, and one 2-1/2" strip. Simply make loose coils and pinch each into teardrops or marquise.
The stem is formed from the same shade of green. Starting with a 3" strip, roll a tight coil about halfway down the length of the strip. Remove your quilling tool, and let the coil go slightly. Add a small dot of glue between the coil and the rest of the strip, and pinch lightly to dry. To finish the 3-D effect for the stem, glue a small piece of green paper from the coil to end of the strip.
The next step to quilling these strawberries is to roll a whole bunch of seeds. Using 1" strips of ivory paper, roll tight coils. Once the ivory coils are dry, wrap each with 1-1/2" strips of red paper. Pinch each into a teardrop shape. Each berry needs about 25 seeds.
Place the seeds on the template under the leaves and stem in a varying pattern.
Once all the seeds are on the berry, make between 14-16 pinched coils from 1" red paper, exactly like the ivory seeds. With a little glue, attach the red teardrops around the edges of the seeds on the berries.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- How To Quill Paper: DIY Paper Quilling Strips
- Paper Quilling Shape Practice Printable Worksheet
- Paper Quilling Basics
- Paper Quilling Scrolls Practice Printable Worksheet
- Quilling Flowers: 18 Floral Paper Quilling Ideas
- Pretty Pastel Paper Quilled Butterfly
- Paper Quilling Shapes Infographic
- Lily of the Valley Quilled Flowers
- Paper Quilled Strawberries
- Paper Watermelon Quilling Art
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 60 Best Never Have I Ever Kids Questions
- Clothespin Reindeer Craft
- Simple Happy Birthday Cake Topper
- 60 Best Christmas Would You Rather Questions For A Festive Holiday
- Merry Christmas Banner
- Gift Boxes Coloring Page
- Christmas Angel Handprints
- Mitten Countdown Calendar
- Gingerbread-style Christmas Village
- Christmas Angel Treat Bags
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas