This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
"Sweet and simple quilling paper strawberries that are the perfect touch for your summer cards and scrapbooks! These berries only require red, ivory and green quilling paper, and a few basic quilling tools, and they are the perfect quick craft for both beginner and intermediate quillers."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Type of Paper UsedQuilling Paper
- Red Quilling Paper
- Ivory Quilling Paper
- Green Quilling Paper
- Quilling Tool
- White Craft Glue
- Straight Pins
- Cork Board
- Waxed Paper
Print strawberry template and pin under waxed paper to cork work board.
To start with, make a few leaves for your berries. I like to make mine in various sizes for a little visual interest. For this size berry, use two 3-1/2" strips of bright green quilling paper, and one 2-1/2" strip. Simply make loose coils and pinch each into teardrops or marquise.
The stem is formed from the same shade of green. Starting with a 3" strip, roll a tight coil about halfway down the length of the strip. Remove your quilling tool, and let the coil go slightly. Add a small dot of glue between the coil and the rest of the strip, and pinch lightly to dry. To finish the 3-D effect for the stem, glue a small piece of green paper from the coil to end of the strip.
The next step to quilling these strawberries is to roll a whole bunch of seeds. Using 1" strips of ivory paper, roll tight coils. Once the ivory coils are dry, wrap each with 1-1/2" strips of red paper. Pinch each into a teardrop shape. Each berry needs about 25 seeds.
Place the seeds on the template under the leaves and stem in a varying pattern.
Once all the seeds are on the berry, make between 14-16 pinched coils from 1" red paper, exactly like the ivory seeds. With a little glue, attach the red teardrops around the edges of the seeds on the berries.
Read NextPaper Orange Slice Quilling Design
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you hate trying to squeeze your signature onto a group card, then this Super Awesome Group Thank You Card is the project for you!… Continue reading: "Super Awesome Group Thank You Card"
- Paper Orange Slice Quilling Design
- Paper Quilling Shape Practice Printable Worksheet
- How To Quill Paper: Quilling a Word
- Paper Quilling Scrolls Practice Printable Worksheet
- Lily of the Valley Quilled Flowers
- DIY Quilling Paper and Free Cutting Files
- Quilled Ladybug DIY Embellishment
- Leo the Paper Quilled Lion Craft
- Shimmering Ice Blue Quilled Butterfly
- Exotic Quilled Flower
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Printable Summer Mandala Coloring Page
- Printable Lunch Notes For Kids
- How To Print On Watercolor Paper
- Free You’ve Been Booed Printable For Halloween
- Printable Lunch Notes: Cute Critters
- This What To Pack For Lunch Printable Helps Kids Be Independent
- Halloween Paper Plate Pumpkin Craft
- Free Printable Pirate Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Halloween Coloring Book For Kids
- Free Printable Fall Bucket List For Families
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas