This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
"Sweet and simple quilling paper strawberries that are the perfect touch for your summer cards and scrapbooks! These berries only require red, ivory and green quilling paper, and a few basic quilling tools, and they are the perfect quick craft for both beginner and intermediate quillers."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Type of Paper UsedQuilling Paper
- Red Quilling Paper
- Ivory Quilling Paper
- Green Quilling Paper
- Quilling Tool
- White Craft Glue
- Straight Pins
- Cork Board
- Waxed Paper
Print strawberry template and pin under waxed paper to cork work board.
To start with, make a few leaves for your berries. I like to make mine in various sizes for a little visual interest. For this size berry, use two 3-1/2" strips of bright green quilling paper, and one 2-1/2" strip. Simply make loose coils and pinch each into teardrops or marquise.
The stem is formed from the same shade of green. Starting with a 3" strip, roll a tight coil about halfway down the length of the strip. Remove your quilling tool, and let the coil go slightly. Add a small dot of glue between the coil and the rest of the strip, and pinch lightly to dry. To finish the 3-D effect for the stem, glue a small piece of green paper from the coil to end of the strip.
The next step to quilling these strawberries is to roll a whole bunch of seeds. Using 1" strips of ivory paper, roll tight coils. Once the ivory coils are dry, wrap each with 1-1/2" strips of red paper. Pinch each into a teardrop shape. Each berry needs about 25 seeds.
Place the seeds on the template under the leaves and stem in a varying pattern.
Once all the seeds are on the berry, make between 14-16 pinched coils from 1" red paper, exactly like the ivory seeds. With a little glue, attach the red teardrops around the edges of the seeds on the berries.
Read NextLily of the Valley Quilled Flowers
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Anyone would be blown away by this stunning Brightly Floral DIY Birthday Card. Fortunately, you can make it for your mom, grandma,… Continue reading: "Brightly Floral DIY Birthday Card"
- Lily of the Valley Quilled Flowers
- How To Quill Paper: Quilling a Word
- Paper Quilling Scrolls Practice Printable Worksheet
- Paper Quilling Shape Practice Printable Worksheet
- "Can't Stop Staring" Tightly Quilled Flowers
- Paper Mushroom Quilling Designs
- How to Quill Paper: Tracing Letters
- Uniquely Quilled DIY Paper Roses
- Paper Quilling Shapes Infographic
- Praying Mantis 3D Quilling Art
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- St Patrick’s Day Gnomes Coloring Pages
- Rose Coloring Pages For Kids And Adults
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Cards For Kids
- Free Printable Dinosaur Valentines
- Printable Donut Valentine Cards
- Valentine’s Day Baby Yoda
- Papercraft Planet Cards
- Printable Valentine's Day Candy Dice Game
- Printable Valentine's Day Coloring Bookmarks
- Free Printable Cute Valentine Coloring Pages
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas