How to Make Paper Flowers: 30+ DIY Paper Flowers
Making paper flowers is such a great way to add a pop of color to your home any time of year.
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Flowers are a classic embellishment that will never go out of style or out of season. While flowers are popular in the spring and summer, a little blue flower on a wintry card or an orange rose on a Thanksgiving scrapbook page give these paper crafts a unique and special touch.
Paper crafters are constantly finding new and beautiful ways to make their paper flower embellishments. From a classic paper punched flower to the many innovations on tissue paper blossoms, these embellishments give character to an otherwise 2-dimensional paper project.
Find your flower inspiration in this collection on How to Make Paper Flowers: 30+ DIY Paper Flowers! From printables to tissue paper flowers to upcycled flowers and more, you are guaranteed to find these flowers absolutely gorgeous.
If you like these paper crafts and want to see more, then don't forget to sign up for the AllFreePaperCrafts newsletter, The Paper Post.
PLUS! Take a look at the video right below to learn how to make quilled flowers to use as decoration on cards or scrapbooks.
Table of Contents
How to Make Paper Flowers
Learn how to make paper flowers, like this beautiful DIY paper rose with stem, by following a few simple steps. You can use this paper flower how-to from designer Benetta Strydom as a starting off point to make different types of flowers, such as tulips, peonies, and daffodils.
A4 sized cream colored handmade tissue paper
4" piece cut from a 28 gauge green floral wire
Green floral tape
2.2"-wide heart-shaped cookie cutter
Plastic lid with a diameter of 1.6"
Clear-drying craft glue
For the center of the flower:
1. Use the lid to trace two circles on to the tissue paper, and cut them out.
2. Crumple up the one circle and put it on top of the second circle.
3. Add glue all around the crumpled circle.
4. Fold the second circle over the crumpled-up one.
5. Add to the piece of wire and secure with floral tape.
For the flower:
1. Trace and cut 9 hearts from the tissue paper. These will be the rose petals.
2. Fold the bottom part of each petal around the top of the wire and secure the bottom point of each heart to the wire, using the floral tape.
3. Continue until all the rose petals have been secured.
4. Gently fold the petals of the rose open.
5. Cover the whole piece of wire with floral tape, so that the rose will have a green stem.
Must-See Paper Flower Patterns
If you need a lovely centerpiece for your table or even a great paper wearable, you can follow any of these paper flower patterns! Some of these DIY paper flowers are easy to put together, like the Lovely Little Paper Flowers, and some of them require a bit more skill. Regardless of your skill level, give any of these beautiful paper flowers a try. You can learn how to make paper flowers in a variety of ways!
These flowers are truly varied in the techniques used to make them! If you're asking, "How do you make flowers out of tissue paper?" or "How do you make a rose out of paper?" then you are in the right place. From pasting tissue onto wire to quilling an abundance of paper roses, you will see no shortage of techniques when you view any of these tutorials.
Find some of these DIY paper flowers and more STUNNING crafts in this downloadable collection, Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers free eBook
Unique DIY Paper Flowers
Check out some of the latest DIY paper flower tutorials that have been added to AllFreePaperCrafts! These gorgeous paper flowers will look incredible as home decor pieces or as embellishments for your next card or layout!
BONUS! NEW Paper Flowers
These are the newest DIY paper flowers on the site and they are definitely worth checking out. From DIY paper roses and cherry blossoms to origami and quilled paper flowers, you will have a field day with all of the interesting and original ideas we have featured on the site recently.
Once you learn how to make paper flowers, you will have never-ending ideas for party decorations, gifts, and more. It's a great hobby to have!
Question: Which Paper is Used to Make Paper Flowers?
If you are wondering what to use to make paper flowers, then you are not alone. A lot of people who have never made DIY paper flowers wonder which paper is used to make them.
There isn't a straight answer because there are so many different paper types that can be used to make flowers. Above you will find flowers made from tissue paper, cardstock, book pages, origami paper, and more. Below, find an alphabetical list of the most common paper used to make paper flowers along with an example.
Book pages, like is used to make the Romantic Book Page Rose.
Cardstock, like is used to make the Any Size Cardstock Paper Flower Tutorial.
Coffee filters, like is used to make the Completely Incredible Coffee Filter Roses.
Crepe paper, like is used to make the Yellow Day Dream Crepe Paper Flowers.
Kraft paper, like is used to make the Giant Kraft Paper Flowers.
Newspaper, like is used to make the Newspaper Flower Gift Topper.
Origami paper, like is used to make the Origami Rosebud Petal and Calyx.
Sheet music, like is used to make the Vintage Sheet Music Bowl Fillers.
Tissue paper, like is used to make the Dainty Little Tissue Paper Flowers.
You know you want to! Get inspired by heading over to 100 Paper Crafts: Card Making Ideas, Free Printables, and More Paper Craft Ideas for more fun, more ideas, and more paper crafts. Take a look at this list (you won't regret it): 100 Paper Crafts: Card Making Ideas, Free Printables, and More Paper Craft Ideas
What is your favorite paper flower?
Let us know in the comments below!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Little Boxes Drawer Organizer
- How to Quill Paper: 40+ Free Paper Quilling Patterns
- How to Make Paper Flowers: 30+ DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Make Stickers from Paper
- The Top 100 Paper Crafts of 2016
- Free Printable Crafts: 50 Handmade Card Ideas, Scrapbook Layout Ideas, and More Paper Crafts
- 100 Paper Crafts: Card Making Ideas, Free Printables, and More Paper Craft Ideas
- 25+ Easy Paper Crafts: Christmas, Printables, and More
- 20+ Handmade Bookmark Ideas
- Easy Paper Crafts: 19 Crafts That Use One Sheet of Paper
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Guide to Papercutting
- Silver Stars Christmas Card
- Paper Snowman Garland
- Love Wedding Card
- Glossary of Different Types of Paper
- Altenew Peony Bouquet Stamp Set
- Turkey Thanksgiving Placecard
- Rustic Wheat Fall Wreath Idea
- Vintage-Inspired Scrapbook Layout
- Shine Bright Printable Wall Art
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas