Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
How to Quill Paper: 40+ Free Paper Quilling Patterns
Learn how to quill paper into all sorts of useful and beautiful designs.
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
The art of paper quilling or paper filigree is a timeless craft that can be used for almost any project. From decorative items like wall hangings or coasters to DIY embellishments for scrapbook pages and cards, free paper quilling patterns are as versatile as they are beautiful.
While the finished works are so beautiful that they might seem daunting, don't let this stop you! Once you learn how to quill paper, a gate will be opened to a world of paper crafting possibility. Embellish all of your upcoming paper crafts with quilled spirals, DIY paper flowers, snowflakes, and more when you explore these 40+ Free Paper Quilling Patterns.
In the categories below, you will find Homemade Card Ideas, How to Make Paper Jewelry, and More Free Quilling Patterns. There are varying degrees of skill level in each category, so take a look and see what you want to try next. We are always adding more incredible quilling ideas and quilling designs on AllFreePaperCrafts, too.
PLUS! Make sure you check out this video right below. It's a tutorial for an adorable quilled birthday card. It's easy, fun, and festive!
Table of Contents
How to Quill Paper
Here are some quick tips for learning how to quill paper. Quilling for beginners means getting the basics down and choosing simple shapes. Paper quilling is a fun craft to learn but does take practice and patience. Follow these steps to become familiar with this paper craft skill and, before you know it, you'll be making your own unbelievable paper quilling designs.
1. Familiarize yourself with the tools and strips of paper. Some quilling projects can be made with homemade tools and hand cut paper strips but if you're beginning, it's best to buy a quilling needle or slotted tool and precut quilling strips.
2. Learn the basic paper quilling shapes. There are only a few basic shapes you need to learn in order to start quilling. Getting these fundamental paper quilling shapes will become the foundation for your paper projects.
3. Practice. Use worksheets to practice your quilling shapes before creating a new project.
4. Start with beginner projects. It can be tempting to choose a more complicated quilling piece, but you should start with simple designs, such as coils, flowers, hearts, or feathers.
Below, you will also find several helpful articles and video tutorials to look over and help you learn everything there is to know about paper quilling.
Quilling Greeting Cards
Homemade cards always look more thoughtful when they have added embellishments, and quilled flowers are a fabulous way to embellish any handmade card. From roses to daisies to grasses and more, these homemade card ideas have the loveliest decorations. Thanks to these quilling greeting cards, you'll never buy a card from the store again!
Ask your niece what her favorite color is, grab a pattern for your friend's favorite flower, and start quilling gorgeous embellishments for handmade cards today!
Find paper quilling tutorials in our collection of Gorgeous Paper Crafts! This free eBook features 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers. Get it here: Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers free eBook
Quilling Paper Jewelry
Want to learn how to make paper jewelry that will dazzle? Turn your paper quilling into wearable paper crafts! These earrings and necklaces will be a hit when you wear them to family gatherings or give them as gifts to your loved ones. Quilling paper jewelry will instantly add a professional finish to any jewelry project.
Use beautiful metallic quilling paper to give your jewelry projects a lustrous sheen. Quilled hearts and flowers make gorgeous pendants. Accessorize with paper and amaze everyone you see.
From DIY embellishments that can be used to decorate your home or handmade cards to impressive wall art pieces, these paper quilling crafts are so unique. Create beautiful designs with Quilling Flowers: 18 Floral Paper Quilling Ideas
Free Paper Quilling Designs That Will WOW!
Decorate your home, Christmas tree, handmade cards, or scrapbook layouts with any of these remaining tutorials. String together several paper snowflakes to create a lovely garland for the winter season, and learn how to make paper flowers with various quilled coils. These quilling designs are quite remarkable.
No matter what occasion you want to commemorate, you will find a beautiful paper quilling tutorial to suit your interests.
Paper Quilling Flowers Patterns
In our humble opinion, even real flowers can't compare to these stunning paper quilling flowers! Whether you want to make add a breathtaking DIY embellishment to another paper craft or let these flowers take center stage, you won't regret trying these lovely paper quilling flower patterns!
Learning paper quilling basics will help you become a pro with a little patience and practice. These filigree designs are detailed thus possibly intimidating to those who have never done it. We'll make it painless! Learn quilling for beginners with Paper Quilling Basics: Learn How to Quill Paper and Paper Quilling Techniques + 10 Beginner Projects
What is your best paper quilling tip?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
DIY Lottery Scratch Cards
Magical Freezer Paper Stencil
30+ DIY Paper Flowers
Too Cute Two-Toned Bowties
40+ Free Paper Quilling Patterns
50 Handmade Card Ideas, Scrapbook Ideas, and More
Paper Crafts for Spring: 30 Paper Craft Ideas
100 Paper Crafts
20+ Handmade Bookmark Ideas
25+ Easy Paper Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Happy 1st Birthday Boy Scrapbook Layout
- Mother's Day Butterfly Lamp
- Floral Picture Frame
- FREE Printables - Floral Place Cards and Straw Toppers
- Derwent Blendable Soft Pastels
- Sakura Electric Eraser
- Pink and Main
- 6 Month Baby Girl Scrapbook Layout
- Origami Picture Frame
- Color-Your-Own Easter Basket
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas