Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
How to Quill Paper: 40+ Free Paper Quilling Patterns
Learn how to quill paper into all sorts of useful and beautiful designs.
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
The art of paper quilling or paper filigree is a timeless craft that can be used for almost any project. From decorative items like wall hangings or coasters to DIY embellishments for scrapbook pages and cards, paper quilling patterns are as versatile as they are beautiful.
If you're new to quilling, you only need to learn how to make a few basic coils in order to form the foundations for most of these paper quilling projects.
While the finished works are so beautiful that they might seem daunting, don't let this stop you! Once you learn how to quill paper, a gate will be opened to a world of paper crafting possibility. Embellish all of your upcoming paper crafts with quilled spirals, flowers, snowflakes, and more when you explore these 40+ Free Paper Quilling Patterns.
If you like these paper crafts and want to see more, then don't forget to sign up for the AllFreePaperCrafts newsletter, The Paper Post.
In the categories below, you will find Homemade Card Ideas, How to Make Paper Jewelry, and More Free Quilling Patterns. There are varying degrees of skill level in each category, so take a look and see what you want to try next. We are always adding more incredible quilling ideas and quilling designs on AllFreePaperCrafts, too.
PLUS! Make sure you check out this video right below. It's a tutorial for an adorable quilled birthday card. It's easy, fun, and festive!
Table of Contents
How to Quill Paper
Here are some quick tips for learning how to quill paper. Quilling for beginners means getting the basics down and choosing simple shapes. Paper quilling is a fun craft to learn but does take practice and patience. Follow these steps to become familiar with this paper craft skill and, before you know it, you'll be making your own unbelievable paper quilling designs.
1. Familiarize yourself with the tools and strips of paper. Some quilling projects can be made with homemade tools and hand cut paper strips but if you're beginning, it's best to buy a quilling needle or slotted tool and precut quilling strips.
2. Learn the basic quilling shapes. There are only a few basic shapes you need to learn in order to start quilling.
3. Practice. Use worksheets to practice your quilling shapes before creating a new project.
4. Start with beginner projects. It can be tempting to choose a more complicated quilling piece, but you should start with simple designs, such as coils, flowers, hearts, or feathers.
Below, you will also find several helpful articles and video tutorials to look over and help you learn everything there is to know about paper quilling.
Homemade Card Ideas
Homemade cards always look more thoughtful when they have added embellishments, and quilled flowers are a fabulous way to embellish any handmade card. From roses to daisies to grasses and more, these homemade card ideas have the loveliest decorations.
Ask your niece what her favorite color is, grab a pattern for your friend's favorite flower, and start quilling gorgeous embellishments for handmade cards today!
Find paper quilling tutorials in our collection of Gorgeous Paper Crafts! This free eBook features 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers. Get it here: Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers free eBook
How to Make Paper Jewelry
Turn your paper quilling into wearable crafts. These earrings and necklaces will be a hit when you wear them to family gatherings or give them as gifts to your loved ones.
Use beautiful metallic quilling paper to give your jewelry projects a lustrous sheen. Quilled hearts and flowers make gorgeous pendants. Accessorize with paper and amaze everyone you see.
From DIY embellishments that can be used to decorate your home or handmade cards to impressive wall art pieces, these paper quilling crafts are so unique. Create beautiful designs with Quilling Flowers: 18 Floral Paper Quilling Ideas
Quilling Designs That Will WOW!
Decorate your home, Christmas tree, handmade cards, or scrapbook layouts with any of these remaining tutorials. String together several paper snowflakes to create a lovely garland for the winter season, and learn how to make paper flowers with various quilled coils. These quilling designs are quite remarkable.
No matter what occasion you want to commemorate, you will find a beautiful paper quilling tutorial to suit your interests.
Learning paper quilling basics will help you become a pro with a little patience and practice. These filigree designs are detailed thus possibly intimidating to those who have never done it. We'll make it painless! Learn quilling for beginners with Paper Quilling Basics: Learn How to Quill Paper and Paper Quilling Techniques + 10 Beginner Projects
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- How to Quill Paper: 40+ Free Paper Quilling Patterns
- How to Make Paper Flowers: 30+ DIY Paper Flowers
- 100 Paper Crafts: Card Making Ideas, Free Printables, and More Paper Craft Ideas
- How to Quill Paper
- 45+ Rustic Paper Crafts: DIY Gift Wrap, Vintage Paper Crafts, and More
- 20+ Handmade Bookmark Ideas
- The Top 100 Paper Crafts of 2016
- 25+ Easy Paper Crafts: Christmas, Printables, and More
- Unique DIY Night Light Design
- Awesome Autumn Paper Craft Ideas
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Large Rose from Printer Paper
- Fall Flowers Watercolor Printable Art
- Spray Painted Label Tags for Kids
- Magazine Paper Bowl
- Printable Burger Memory Match Game
- Paper Quilled Heart Box
- Printable Skeleton Template for Halloween
- Tissue Paper Flowers
- Made By Printable Christmas Labels
- Printable Cupcake Birthday Card
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas