Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- see all comments
"The PDF can now be found at https//sites.google.com/site/netroiduniverse/ho == me/wave-3"
"Hi Everyone! The downloads have moved around a bit at our site. For this model please go to https//sites.google.com/site/netroiduniverse/ho == me/wave-2"
"Unfortunately the background color will make the ink disappear. Why can't it be a white background?"
Four Fold Butterflies Birthday Card
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Click here to view your Crafts.
Who doesn't like butterflies and flowers? Any birthday girl would love to receive this colorful card that folds out to reveal four panels of birthday wishes, flowers, and butterflies. She will no doubt display this handmade birthday card long after the birthday cake is gone.
This DIY birthday card has fancy folds that make it as impressive as it is beautiful. Each panel of this card has its own unique design that then comes together to form a cohesive and gorgeous look that few cards can rival.
Find more beautiful fancy fold cards inside this collection of 14 Fancy Fold Cards
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
Project or Page SizeCard
Type of Paper UsedCardstock
- Altenew Bold Blossom Layered Stamp Set and Matching Dies
- Altenew Warm and Cozy orange inks and Green Fields green inks
- Butterfly punches from Martha Stewart and Stampin’ Up
- Tonic Studios Seamless Circle Stencil
- Nuvo Orange Blush Embellishment Mousse
- Nuvo orange glitter pen from the Ember Glow Set
- Stencil knife, blue painters tape
- Nuvo Apple Green and Woodland Green Crystal Drops
- Momenta Watercolor Cardstock
- Concord & 9th Fluttering Butterfly Die
- Memory Box "wishing you a" Die
- IO Butterfly and Floral Frame Die
- Memory Box Happy Birthday Die
- Various gems, mounting tape, glue dots
- Nuvo Deluxe Fine Tip Adhesive
- Scoring board
Cut a piece of cardstock 11-1/2" x 5-1/2". Score the long side at 1/4", 3-3/4", and 7-1/4". Turn the cardstock and score at the 1/2" line from the side with the 1/4" score line up to the largest section (at the 7-1/4" line.) Trim off this 1/2" section up to the last section.
Cut another piece of the same cardstock 2-3/4" x 4-1/4". Adhere this piece to the 1/4" fold and trim off the extra piece at the top of that 1/4" strip.
Now it’s time to get creative and decorate each panel with designer paper, die cuts, punches, stamps and Nuvo products or whatever you choose. On the front and first panel inside, a layering piece is cut to 2-1/2" x 4". I chose cardstock for several of the panels from a Momenta Watercolor Cardstock pack.
The beautiful rose on the front was stamped using Altenew Bold Blossom layered floral stamps and three orange inks from Altenew’s Warm and Cozy set of inks. I also stamped the leaves from the same stamp set and three green inks from Altenew’s Green Fields ink set. Then I die cut both the rose and the leaves with matching dies also from Altenew.
Attach the rose with mounting tape to raise and the leaves with glue or tape.
The first panel on the inside of the four panel card was created with a stencil from Tonic Studios and Nuvo Orange Blush Embellishment Mousse. Tape a white cardstock piece (large enough for the 4" x 2-1/2" piece and several punched butterflies) and stencil down with blue painter’s tape (or any temporary tape) and apply the mousse through the stencil with a stencil knife. Remove the stencil and wash it and the stencil knife immediately so the mousse does not dry on them.
After the mousse piece is dry, punch a couple butterflies out of it and adhere the 4" x 2-1/2" piece to the first inside panel. Also punch a couple butterflies out of the green watercolor cardstock. Add Nuvo Apple Green Crystal Drops in the center of the stenciled flowers. On the front, attach a small green butterfly to the mousse stencil butterfly. To keep the butterfly wings up even after mailing, I place a small strip of mounting tape on each wing and a glue dot in the butterfly center. The green butterfly on the first inside panel was attached the same way and decorated with some gems and a Nuvo orange glitter pen.
For the second panel, cut a piece of watercolor cardstock 3-1/4" x 4-3/4" and adhere. Die cut the flutter butterfly (Concord & 9th) out of white cardstock and color with the same Nuvo Orange Blush Embellishment Mousse. Die cut "wishing you a" (Memory Box) out of green cardstock and adhere both with Nuvo Deluxe Fine Tip Adhesive.
For the third panel, die cut a butterfly and floral frame (IO die), adhere and add some gems.
For the fourth panel, cut a white piece 4" x 5-1/4" and adhere. Die cut Happy Birthday (Memory Box) and attach with Nuvo Deluxe Fine Tip Adhesive. Attach another stenciled punched butterfly with mounting tape and a glue dot and add a gem.
Dot the letter "I" in both word die cuts with Nuvo Woodland Green Crystal Drops.
If jaw-dropping crafts are what you are looking for, then get your copy of this free eBook and start creating some beauty today: Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers free eBook
Read NextQuilled Balloon Paper Birthday Card
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Daughter of Light
Jun 22, 2018
This Four Fold Butterflies Birthday Card is so peaceful and serene! It brings nature right to the recipient's hand. The fold of this card will allow it to be displayed for it to be a reminder of the creator's love. I can see this being changed up by color scheme and sentiment. It could be a deep burgundy and pink with green and a "Happy Mother's Day" sentiment added.
May 19, 2017
This is such a pretty craft. It is perfect for any nature lovers in your life.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Darling Little Daisies
You can make these cute and quick Darling Little Daisies in less than ten minutes! They will make great DIY scrapbook embellishments,… Continue reading: "Darling Little Daisies"
- Quilled Balloon Paper Birthday Card
- Birthday Train Fancy Fold Card
- Happy One Year Smarter Birthday Card
- Four Fold Butterflies Birthday Card
- 3D Miniature Birthday Card
- Gorgeous Quilled Birthday Cake Card
- Splendid Purple Birthday Card
- 3D Paper LEGO Birthday Card
- 3D Butterfly Birthday Card
- Motorcycle Birthday Card
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable April Coloring Pages
- Printable Candy Dice Game For Easter
- Printable Reward Chart For Kids
- Cute Paper Plate Chick Craft For Kids
- Free Printable Earth Day Scavenger Hunt For Kids
- Up In The Garden Down In The Dirt Printables
- Printable Ice Cream Cone Wrappers
- Printable Lemonade Stand Kit
- Diy Minecraft Tnt
- Power Rangers Easter Eggs
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas