Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- see all comments
"The PDF can now be found at https//sites.google.com/site/netroiduniverse/ho == me/wave-3"
"Hi Everyone! The downloads have moved around a bit at our site. For this model please go to https//sites.google.com/site/netroiduniverse/ho == me/wave-2"
"Unfortunately the background color will make the ink disappear. Why can't it be a white background?"
Windswept Autumn Leaves Birthday Card
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Click here to view your Crafts.
Celebrate the fall season with the Windswept Autumn Leaves Birthday Card. This colorful homemade birthday card is perfect for anyone with a fall birthday! The rustic colors are beautiful for the season. The autumn leaves fluttering to the ground remind us of the changes that we see all around us in nature. Each leaf floating down brings a special wish, and the recipient of this card will experience a moment of being one with nature when receiving this card.
- 10.2” x 7.7” Natural Colored Cardstock
- 7.4” x 4.3” Havana Brown Cardstock
- Left-over Pieces of Red, Yellow and Orange Paper
- Left-over Piece of Autumn Scrapbook Paper
- Upikit Maple Leaf Punch
- Upikit Border Punch
- Golden Craft Foil
- Foilart super-tack Glue Pen
- Artline 210 Fineliner Pen
- 3d Self-adhesive Foam Squares
- Clear-drying Gel Glue (such as bostik clear)
1. Score the natural colored cardstock so that the front flap will have a width of 4.6”, and the back flap a width of 5.4”.
2. Punch 7 maple leaves each from the red, yellow and orange papers.
3. Use the Artline 210 Fineliner Pen to add veins to these leaves.
4. Punch 7 leaves from the scrapbook paper.
5. Glue a first layer of leaves to the Havana brown cardstock.
6. Add a second layer of leaves, using the 3D self-adhesive foam squares to add some dimension. For some of the leaves, use only 3D foam squares, and for others, use a combination of glue on the one side of the leaf and a small piece of 3D foam on the other side.
7. Add Super-tack glue all around the Havana brown cardstock to make a “frame.”
8. Allow the Super-tack glue to dry for about 20 minutes. When the glue is wet, it is blue, but when it is dry it becomes transparent.
9. Press the foil down on the glue. Remember that - of course - the golden side of the foil must be on top.
10. Lightly rub the foil over the areas where you have added glue with the Super-tack glue pen.
11. Carefully lift the foil. On the areas where you have added glue with the Super-tack pen, some of the foil will stay behind, thereby creating a golden frame all around the brown cardstock.
12. With the fold at the left, centre and glue the brown cardstock to the front of the card.
13. With the fold at the left, use the Upikit border punch to create a border on the right. Use the inbuilt guide to align each part of the border before punching.
Read NextFall Rose DIY Birthday Card
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Daughter of Light
May 30, 2018
A very, very nice concept card! The colors were chosen well and definitely give an Autumn feel. The balance is appropriate. I really like the leaves drifting upward from the pile. I also appreciate the depth given by elevating some of the leaves in the pile. The foil outline is soooo stylish right now and the gold is terrific! I think I might have carried the foil look behind the border punch to pull the look together. Overall a very pleasant card!
Aug 31, 2017
I cannot believe how beautiful this card is for someone that has a birthday in the fall. I love autumn colors and the way the reds, yellows, browns work well together. I would love to get this card from someone I know because I would feel loved because they made it for me by hand from the bottom of the heart.
Sep 09, 2016
I love the "natural" look of this card.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Lost and Found Double Z Fold Card
Wish your favorite nature lover a happy birthday with this rustic birthday card that's perfect for those that love the great outdoors.… Continue reading: "Lost and Found Double Z Fold Card"
- Fall Rose DIY Birthday Card
- Four Fold Butterflies Birthday Card
- Brightly Floral DIY Birthday Card
- Keys and Clocks Homemade Birthday Card
- Happy Birthday Button Card
- 3D Butterfly Birthday Card
- Understated Elegance Birthday Card
- Happy Birthday Butterfly Card
- Brocade Birthday Card
- What to Write in a Birthday Card
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Summer Activities For Kids: Fourth Of July Crafts
- Printable Happy Birthday Cupcake Toppers
- Travel Crossword Puzzle For Kids
- Printable Graduation Word Scramble
- Printable Road Trip Bingo Cards
- The Grouchy Ladybug Printables
- Printable Graduation Maze
- Free Printable Reading Log For Kids
- Free Thank You Coloring Pages
- Printable Happy Birthday Banner
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas