Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Written by: Benjamin John Coleman
Gifted by: Tuttle Publishing
Reviewed by: Dana Byerwalter, editor of AllFreePaperCrafts.com
Paper flowers are one of the most popular paper craft embellishments. There are so many types of flowers and so many techniques used to make them! From punched paper flowers to kirigami techniques to paper quilling patterns, the variety is truly endless.
Learn how to make new and unique paper flowers with Origami Bonsai. This origami kit from Tuttle Publishing contains several tools to teach you how to make unbelievable floral designs and sculptures. Author Benjamin John Coleman has created a full-color 64-page instruction book and an instructional DVD totaling over three hours of content. This kit also includes folding paper for over 400 flowers and leaves.
Origami Bonsai, according to Tuttle, is "the art of folding delicate paper flowers and leaves and attaching them to natural branches to create exquisite botanical art." These sculptures make beautiful, natural decorations for your home. The folding techniques used to create the gorgeous flowers are simple and detailed. This kit will teach you how to layer smaller flowers to create complex blossoms and add leaves to create further dimension. The origami bonsai technique is beautiful because it combines the natural elements of the branches with everlasting flowers made of paper. The unique floral designs you will create can become decor for your home or even inspiration in your paper craft room. Make miniature versions for card making or scrapbooking, and give your cards and layouts that natural element with real twigs. You will be amazed at the techniques you will master with this informative kit.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
None of us like to wash dishes or pots and pans by hand, right? But we all have dish soap on hand for those times when we have to. I… Continue reading: "Awesome Soap Bubbles and Glitter Card"
- Bible Origami
- Win the Ultimate Origami Lover's Prize Pack!
- Win the GelWriter 100-Count Gel Pens in Rotating Stand!
- Chance to win a Westcott Mini Glue Gun!
- Creative Coloring Techniques Online Class
- Spectacular Polyform Embellishment Collection
- Lawn Fawn Stamps and Dies: Let's Roll, Wish You Were Here, and Float My Boat
- Perfect Layers Mini and The Perfect Little Cutting Mat
- Pocket Pages Themed Cards + Card Pads Bundle
- Sam E. Snowman Shaker Die Set
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Valentine Word Search For Kids
- Cute Valentines Gnome Paper Craft For Kids
- Free Printable Donut Greeting Card
- Printable Outer Space Word Scramble
- Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards For Kids
- Free Valentine’s Day Word Scramble For Kids
- Printable Polka Dot Digital Paper
- Printable Paw Prints Digital Paper
- Printable Chevron Digital Paper
- Printable Stars Digital Paper
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas