Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Written by: Benjamin John Coleman
Gifted by: Tuttle Publishing
Reviewed by: Dana Byerwalter, editor of AllFreePaperCrafts.com
Paper flowers are one of the most popular paper craft embellishments. There are so many types of flowers and so many techniques used to make them! From punched paper flowers to kirigami techniques to paper quilling patterns, the variety is truly endless.
Learn how to make new and unique paper flowers with Origami Bonsai. This origami kit from Tuttle Publishing contains several tools to teach you how to make unbelievable floral designs and sculptures. Author Benjamin John Coleman has created a full-color 64-page instruction book and an instructional DVD totaling over three hours of content. This kit also includes folding paper for over 400 flowers and leaves.
Origami Bonsai, according to Tuttle, is "the art of folding delicate paper flowers and leaves and attaching them to natural branches to create exquisite botanical art." These sculptures make beautiful, natural decorations for your home. The folding techniques used to create the gorgeous flowers are simple and detailed. This kit will teach you how to layer smaller flowers to create complex blossoms and add leaves to create further dimension. The origami bonsai technique is beautiful because it combines the natural elements of the branches with everlasting flowers made of paper. The unique floral designs you will create can become decor for your home or even inspiration in your paper craft room. Make miniature versions for card making or scrapbooking, and give your cards and layouts that natural element with real twigs. You will be amazed at the techniques you will master with this informative kit.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you wear jewelry then you know how difficult it can be to keep everything sorted. Here's a great solution to your lost jewelry woes… Continue reading: "Multi-Section Origami Jewelry Box"
- Chance to win 36-Count GelWriter Set in Pre-Colored Box!
- Julie Nutting Cling Stamps and Color Bloom Sprays
- Chance to win Sketch & Color Colored Pencils!
- Origami Bonsai
- Win a Sizzix Big Shot Machine!
- Enter to win the Fancy Pants Happy Place Collection!
- Chance to win the Buggy Stamp Set!
- Chance to win Lawn Fawn Valentine Stamps!
- Chance to win a Lia Griffith Frosted Paper Flower Kit!
- Chance to Win a Graphix Aqua Ink Set!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Kid’s Placemat
- Perfect Paper Plate Town Kids Craft
- Fingerprint And Handprint Craft Ideas For Kids
- How To Paint With Jelly Beans
- Free Valentine’s Day Printable Word Search For Kids
- I Moustache You A Question
- Captain Marvel Valentine's Cards
- Free Valentine’s Day Monster Lunchbox Jokes
- Free Kids Printable Robot Valentines And Lunchbox Jokes
- Free Kids Valentine's Day Lunchbox Jokes
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas