Hooo-ray Owl Graduation Card
If you're looking for ideas for graduation greeting cards, look no further than the Hooo-ray Owl Graduation Card. This handmade card is perfect for the wise new college graduate. Learn how to get new uses out of your Fiskars paper punches when you create the cap embellishment for the stamped owl. Stamp the owl and adhere the cap to an old book page to give the card a scholarly feel. This graduation card is charming and perfect for sending along your congratulations.
Materials from Fiskars:
- Fuse Creativity System Starter Set
- Banner Year Lever Punch XXX-Large
- Round ’n Round Squeeze Punch (Extra-Large)
- Teresa Collins Winter Simple Stick™ Stamps (3" x 6")
- Stamp Block Set
- Micro-Tip® Scissors (No. 5)
- LED SureCut™ Folding Rotary Paper Trimmer (12")
- Card Stock
- Book Page
- Brown Ink
- Brown Colored Pencil
1. Begin by creating a folded card to fit your envelope. You can use book pages for these cards to go with the school theme, or you can use any cardstock or patterned paper you prefer.
2. Making a graduation cap for a stamped owl is a fun way to say hooo-ray! Start by stamping an owl with brown ink. If you choose to stamp onto a busy book page, very lightly color in the stamped design with a brown colored pencil to make it stand out more.
3. For the top of the cap, punch a ‘Banner Year’ shape from cardstock. Feed the pointed end back into the punch as shown to crop.
4. Punch an XL circle from a slightly darker cardstock only a third of the way from the edge of the cardstock and crop off each side with scissors as shown to create the bottom of the cap.
5. For an easy tassel, punch an XL circle into the very edge of a piece of cardstock. Slide the punch in a little further slightly to the right to punch the tassel design as shown.
Read Next2-for-1 Tent Card Tutorial