This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- see all comments
"The PDF can now be found at https//sites.google.com/site/netroiduniverse/ho == me/wave-3"
"Hi Everyone! The downloads have moved around a bit at our site. For this model please go to https//sites.google.com/site/netroiduniverse/ho == me/wave-2"
"Unfortunately the background color will make the ink disappear. Why can't it be a white background?"
Little Coffee Filter Butterflies
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Click here to view your Crafts.
To make these Little Coffee Filter Butterflies, you first need to color your filters, I used permanent markers and water to color mine. After completely dry, draw or trace your butterflies onto the filters and cut them out. I used two for each to give double wings. Place a pipe cleaner down the middle between the wings and glue. Leave enough on each end to make the antennas on one and on the other end fold around to form the body. Spread the wings out slightly and form your coffee filter butterfly. That's it!
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
Type of Paper UsedTextured Paper
- Coffee filters
- Markers, colors, paint, etc. for decoration
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Pipe cleaners
Color or dye filters and let dry.
Once dry, draw or trace your favorite butterflies onto the filters.
Cut out your butterflies (make two of each design).
Place a pipe cleaner between the two cutouts of the same and glue each side to the pipe cleaner.
Take some floral wire and wrap it around the pipe cleaner to make a way for the butterfly to appear to be hovering over a vase of flowers about 6" or more.
Fold out your wings and shape your butterfly.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Aug 11, 2016
Cute little embellishment idea!
Aug 10, 2016
Very clever idea. This is going to be the next project for my grand daughter and myself. She is really into crafts and making things. And when she sees how they are made she will really get a kick out of it. Thank you for sharing this great pattern, along with pictures to help us out.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Lost and Found Double Z Fold Card
Wish your favorite nature lover a happy birthday with this rustic birthday card that's perfect for those that love the great outdoors.… Continue reading: "Lost and Found Double Z Fold Card"
- DIY Organizer with Toilet Paper Rolls
- Toilet Roll Craft Toy Telescope
- 26 Recycled Materials Crafts with Paper
- Cereal Boxes Desktop Organizer
- Quick and Easy Bird Bookmarks
- Rad Recycled Paper Homemade Coasters
- Interstellar Toilet Paper Roll Rocket
- How to Make a Rolled Magazine Frame
- Sheet Music Paper Feathers
- DIY Phone Stand Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Summer Activities For Kids: Fourth Of July Crafts
- Printable Happy Birthday Cupcake Toppers
- Travel Crossword Puzzle For Kids
- Printable Graduation Word Scramble
- Printable Road Trip Bingo Cards
- The Grouchy Ladybug Printables
- Printable Graduation Maze
- Free Printable Reading Log For Kids
- Free Thank You Coloring Pages
- Printable Happy Birthday Banner
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas