Little Coffee Filter Butterflies
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
To make these Little Coffee Filter Butterflies, you first need to color your filters, I used permanent markers and water to color mine. After completely dry, draw or trace your butterflies onto the filters and cut them out. I used two for each to give double wings. Place a pipe cleaner down the middle between the wings and glue. Leave enough on each end to make the antennas on one and on the other end fold around to form the body. Spread the wings out slightly and form your coffee filter butterfly. That's it!
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
Type of Paper UsedTextured Paper
- Coffee filters
- Markers, colors, paint, etc. for decoration
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Pipe cleaners
Color or dye filters and let dry.
Once dry, draw or trace your favorite butterflies onto the filters.
Cut out your butterflies (make two of each design).
Place a pipe cleaner between the two cutouts of the same and glue each side to the pipe cleaner.
Take some floral wire and wrap it around the pipe cleaner to make a way for the butterfly to appear to be hovering over a vase of flowers about 6" or more.
Fold out your wings and shape your butterfly.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you love fancy fold cards, then you're in for a treat. Make the You Are Amazing Fancy Fold Card. This gorgeous handmade greeting… Continue reading: "You Are Amazing Fancy Fold Card"
- DIY Organizer with Toilet Paper Rolls
- Upcycled Paper Basket
- Toilet Roll Craft Toy Telescope
- French Fry Box Purse
- DIY Toilet Paper Roll Butterfly
- How to Make a Rolled Magazine Frame
- Quick and Easy Bird Bookmarks
- Big Pencil Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
- Upcycled Cardboard Bookmarks
- Stork Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Halloween Tags For Treat Bags
- Printable Rainy Day Coloring Page
- Christmas Craft For Kids – Rudolph Puppets
- Free Halloween Labels Printable
- Printable I Spy Sweets
- Printable Fall Coloring Pages
- Christmas Tree Letter Writing Mats
- How To Make A Fun Summer Scrapbook Layout
- Printable Halloween Word Search
- How To Make A Hexagon Paper Box
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas