Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
It's been over 400 years since origami's inception, and it's about time it got a fresh look. See this traditional Japanese art form in a new light with Girligami, a jam-packed craft kit for the adventurous paper folder or fashionista. You might be familiar with origami staples like stars, flowers, and cranes. Author Cindy Ng, an origami designer whose work has been featured in national publications like Elle and the New York Times, sets those icons aside in favor of origami designs inspired by the world of fashion.
Glance at the cover and you can tell that Girligami is flirty and fun. Ng has breathed new life into paper folding by dreaming up 50 unique designs with a modern edge. She has put together a full-color 64-page booklet with step-by-step instructions on how to make these super cute origami crafts. In addition to origami high heels, skirts, and purses, you’ll learn how to make animals, valentines, fortune tellers, gift boxes, hanging notepads, and more! Girligami includes 18 quick and easy projects and 60 folding papers. Good news for beginners: the folding sheets have been printed with guidelines, so you can start crafting as soon as you open the box.
Once you’ve made some of these great projects, what do you do with them? You can, of course, decorate your bookshelves, dressers, and desks with your creations. Ng has tons of suggestions when it comes to putting these charming paper crafts to good use. Once you’ve mastered Girligami, you can dress up a card or gift in a matter of minutes with a cute paper embellishment. You can turn a pair of origami hearts into a set of earrings. A butterfly makes a beautiful, lightweight necklace charm, and a precious cat face looks great on a brooch. With the help of this kit, you’ll learn how to learn how to turn origami from something that’s “just for fun” into something that’s also functional.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Inspire the birthday celebrant with this Rainbow Butterflies Handmade Birthday Card. As one of the most gorgeous card making ideas,… Continue reading: "Rainbow Butterflies Handmade Birthday Card"
- Chance to win a Westcott Hot Glue Pen!
- Bible Origami
- Win the Ultimate Origami for Beginners Kit!
- Chance to win an Evolution Advanced Die Cutting Machine!
- Amazing Origami
- Lawn Fawn Stamps and Dies: Let's Roll, Wish You Were Here, and Float My Boat
- Japanese Creations Chigiri-e Washi Paper Art Kits Review
- Chance to win a Stampin' Up Subscription Kit!
- Chance to win Kassa Chalkboard Contact Paper!
- Chance to win a Go-Organize Revolving Organizer!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Low Sodium 3 Bean Salad Recipe Greeting Card
- Valentine Deer Craft + Free Printable
- Valentine's Day Cards Kids Can Make
- Valentine’s Day Word Scramble Printable
- Diy Love Coupon Book For Valentine's Day
- Diy Happy Planner Pocket
- Confetti Flinger Card Insert
- Diy Paper Star Decorations
- Cards To Support Our Troops – Free Printable
- Disc Bound Notebook Pocket
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas