Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
It's been over 400 years since origami's inception, and it's about time it got a fresh look. See this traditional Japanese art form in a new light with Girligami, a jam-packed craft kit for the adventurous paper folder or fashionista. You might be familiar with origami staples like stars, flowers, and cranes. Author Cindy Ng, an origami designer whose work has been featured in national publications like Elle and the New York Times, sets those icons aside in favor of origami designs inspired by the world of fashion.
Glance at the cover and you can tell that Girligami is flirty and fun. Ng has breathed new life into paper folding by dreaming up 50 unique designs with a modern edge. She has put together a full-color 64-page booklet with step-by-step instructions on how to make these super cute origami crafts. In addition to origami high heels, skirts, and purses, you’ll learn how to make animals, valentines, fortune tellers, gift boxes, hanging notepads, and more! Girligami includes 18 quick and easy projects and 60 folding papers. Good news for beginners: the folding sheets have been printed with guidelines, so you can start crafting as soon as you open the box.
Once you’ve made some of these great projects, what do you do with them? You can, of course, decorate your bookshelves, dressers, and desks with your creations. Ng has tons of suggestions when it comes to putting these charming paper crafts to good use. Once you’ve mastered Girligami, you can dress up a card or gift in a matter of minutes with a cute paper embellishment. You can turn a pair of origami hearts into a set of earrings. A butterfly makes a beautiful, lightweight necklace charm, and a precious cat face looks great on a brooch. With the help of this kit, you’ll learn how to learn how to turn origami from something that’s “just for fun” into something that’s also functional.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Melissa Kerman's Impressions of Tarnished Foil technique has evolved since her first creation which was made using aluminum foil… Continue reading: "Impressions of Tarnished Foil Butterfly Card"
- Win a Sizzix Big Shot Machine!
- Origami Bonsai
- Creative Coloring Techniques Online Class
- Perfect Layers Mini and The Perfect Little Cutting Mat
- Julie Nutting Cling Stamps and Color Bloom Sprays
- Pocket Pages Themed Cards + Card Pads Bundle
- The Tattered Lace Crossover Machine
- Enter to win the Office Suite Paper Collection!
- Japanese Creations Chigiri-e Washi Paper Art Kits Review
- Chance to win a Little B Celtic Edging Punch!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Valentine’s Day Coupons For Kids
- Valentine's Day Maze Cards Free Printable
- Printable Valentine's Day Word Scramble
- Free Printable Scripture Hanging Doll
- Printable Sports Word Scramble
- Watercolor Paper Heart Wall Decoration
- Free St. Patrick’s Day Word Search Printable For Kids
- Printable I Spy Winter
- Free Valentine Word Search For Kids
- Cute Valentines Gnome Paper Craft For Kids
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas