20+ DIY Wedding Invitations, Wedding Card Ideas, and Handmade Anniversary Cards
These DIY wedding cards are perfect for any love birds!
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
What better occasion to make handmade cards than for weddings? In this collection of 20+ DIY Wedding Invitations, Wedding Card Ideas, and Handmade Anniversary Cards, we have gathered the most stunning DIY cards that can be used for inviting guests, congratulating the happy couple, or expressing love to your sweetie on your anniversary. They look expensive, but they're surprisingly budget-friendly crafts!
These card making ideas allow you to use the most romantic and rich elements without the need to splurge. Get your bridesmaids together and knock out these thoughtful and unique DIY wedding invitations over a bottle of wine. Create delicately beautiful DIY wedding cards for the lucky couple to make them smile. Instead of buying DIY cards, use these anniversary card ideas to convey your love in a thoughtful way. These heartwarming beauties are fantastic additions to a present or as a stand-alone DIY gift.
PLUS! Check out the video tutorial below and learn how to make the most breathtakingly beautiful wedding invitations and programs ever!
Table of Contents
Make Your Own Wedding Invitations
Sure you could buy wedding invitations, but creating DIY wedding invitations will really WOW all of your family and friends give it that personal touch everyone will appreciate. Many of these wedding invitation templates can also double as DIY thank you cards with some slight tweaks.
Because of the detail in some of these handmade wedding cards, it would be helpful to enlist your wedding party to help design these pretty pieces. Dress these DIY cards up or down, or change the colors or images as needed to fit your wedding theme.
Find even more amazing card ideas in this collection of 45+ Handmade Card Ideas: How to Make Greeting Cards
Handmade Wedding Card Ideas
Bringing a thoughtful gift for the newlyweds is wonderful, but DIY wedding cards are just as important. These are especially great if you are giving the couple money instead of a gift because the detail on these cards shows how much you care and how happy you are for them to start the next chapter of their lives.
From simple to complex, there's a card for every type of bride and groom. Also, with lace, quilling, and glitter options, they are sure to impress every couple.
Now that you have your gorgeous DIY card, wrap that gift up beautifully, too. Take a look at the ideas found in 30 Gift Wrapping Ideas: Birthdays, Christmas, Graduations, Weddings, and More
Anniversary Card Ideas
Each yearly anniversary following the wedding is a fantastic reason to celebrate. Give these romantic and sweet handmade DIY anniversary cards to wish the love of your life a happy anniversary or to wish the lovely couple another year of happiness.
These uniquely-detailed handmade cards express the loveliest wishes in the sweetest ways. Many of these would be perfect for Valentine's Day cards, too. Anytime you want to let your sweetie know that you are thinking fondly of them, make one of these fantastic cards.
You are about to discover how versatile paper can be. You will love DIY Home Decor: 11 Paper Craft Decorating Ideas for Your Home free eBook
What to Write in a Wedding Card
If you're struggling with what to write in wedding cards (or even anniversary cards), then check out these tips and ideas below.
Writing something simple and promising about the future is a great idea for wedding cards. It doesn't have to be complex and they'll appreciate your well wishes.
"We wish you many years of happiness and joy. Congratulations!"
"Congratulations! As this next chapter of your lives together begins, may your love and happiness continue to grow."
"To the special couple on their wedding day! Congratulations and we wish you all the best in your marriage."
Quotes and Verses
Quoting a beautiful passage from a book, quote, or religious verse or psalm is a lovely way to send the happy couple your encouragement.
"Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope." — Maya Angelou
"Two souls with but a single thought, Two hearts that beat as one" — John Keats
"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love." — Ephesians 4:2
What is the most memorable card you have ever received?
Read NextPrinter-Friendly Embossing
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- 20+ DIY Wedding Invitations and Anniversary Cards
- Printer-Friendly Embossing
- Dress and Tux Trifold Wedding Card
- Harry Potter-Themed Printable Wedding Cards
- Lovely and Lacy Wedding Card
- Embossed DIY Wedding Invitations and Programs
- Paper Quilling DIY Wedding Card
- Flamingo Love Handmade Anniversary Card
- To the Chapel DIY Wedding Invitation
- Wedding Wishes The Best Way to Congratulate on He Wedding Day
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Camping Scavenger Hunt For Kids And Adults
- Fun And Free Printable Summer Reading Bingo Challenge
- Free Printable College Packing List
- School Backpack Checklist – Free Printable
- Fun Beach Scrapbook Layout
- Printable 4th Of July Word Search For Kids
- Printable Beach Word Scramble
- Safari Bingo For A Zoo Or Animal Themed Party
- Free Camping Coloring Pages
- Printable Beach Word Search Puzzle
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas