Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
How To Make A Fun Summer Scrapbook Layout
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
From the designer: "Come see how simple it is to make a fun summer layout. Make a faux frame of Dew Drop Gems along the edge of the main photo. You can create various looks by changing how close you space the Dew Drop Gems. Create embellishments by mimicking designs in the scrapbook paper which can serve to unify the layout by adding similar elements. After you plan the placement of the layout, take a photo of the arrangement. To avoid undue frustration it really helps to have the photo to refer to as you attach everything in place. "
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Project or Page Size12 inches x 12 inches
Type of Paper UsedScrapbook Paper
- photo 8x10" & 4x5" patterned paper white & blue card stock
- circle punch or die cutting machine
- embellishments: title & flip flops
- tools: double sided tape, liquid adhesive, scissors
- white round Dew Drop gems (The Robin's Nest)
Trim .25" off 2 sides of patterned paper. Matte the trimmed paper with white card stock.
Mimic the design element on the scrapbook paper by creating a similar circle frame. Snip 2" along the edge about every 1.25" Next, matte the sliced circle with blue card stock.
Crop the 2 photos into circle shapes. Adhere the large photo onto white & blue circle.
Place the photo onto the layout and lightly mark with a pencil the area of paper that will be hidden behind the photo and can be removed. Cut out that section with a craft knife. Carefully cut out any elements in the paper that can be used to embellish the layout.
Then, adhere the photo to the layout.
Create a cluster in the upper right corner with a small circle photo. Add a large title and summer embellishments.
Finally, adhere white Dew Drop Gems with liquid adhesive along the edge of the large photo. Space the white Dew Drops about .25" apart in order to reflect the design on the background paper.
NotesBe brave and crop your photos into non-rectangular shapes like circles, hexagons, or triangles. Changing the standard expectations can make your layouts extra special.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 13 Simple Paper Crafts free eBook
- Darling Little Daisies
- Charming Paper Punch Cupcakes
- Paper Flower Petal Butterflies
- Pretty Embossed Butterfly
- Radiant Quilled Butterfly
- Beautiful Quilled Monarch Butterfly
- Vintage Herbs Printable Scrapbook Paper
- Mini Eco-Friendly Scrapbook
- Printable Paw Prints Digital Paper
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- From Gnome To Yours- Dollar Tree Inspired
- Free Printable Halloween Word Scramble For Kids
- How To Draw Halloween Characters
- Printable Halloween Gift Tags
- Thank Our Veterans Free Printable
- Printable Thanksgiving Cards
- Kitchen Conversion Chart That Makes Cooking Easier
- Halloween Dot To Dots
- Pin the Petals on the Flower Game
- Free Printable Weekly Habit Tracker
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas