Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
Westcott Hot Glue Pen
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Westcott Hot Glue Pen
Reviewed by , Editor, AllFreePaperCrafts.com
When you're really into crafting, whether it's for a hobby of yours or it's a business, you always need the proper tools for the best outcome. With that said, we all know how amazing Westcott's products are; their scissors and rotary cutters are perfect for sewing and quilting projects, but their newest product is a bit different. The Hot Glue Pen is the evolution of the original glue gun.
The Hot Glue Pen is a handy little tool that helps you accomplish those smaller projects without a flaw. With its pen-style grip and easy-press trigger, you can easily manipulate the pen and get precision and accuracy in every project. Much like a regular glue gun though, it gets a little stringy when you lift up the pen from the item you're using it on, so you may have to pull a few loose pieces off. However, the ergonomic design is perfect for those tiny details as you can fit it into smaller spaces, unlike a hot glue gun.
What I like about this pen is the safety feature on the tip; it turns red when it's hot and ready to use and it turns blue when it's cooled off and ready to store. What some people might find as an issue is the fact that you have to hold the trigger down while you're working with the pen to keep the glue coming out. While this wasn't an issue for me just testing it out, it might become a bit tedious when working on an intricate project. I also wish it was a cordless glue pen so I can travel with it as needed, but then you'd have to worry about battery-life, which may not be worth the hassle.
Items like plastic, paper, felt, Styrofoam and silk work nicely with the glue pen. I can certainly see myself using this around the holidays as well; it would be good for adding details to a wine glass and then covering it with acrylic paint or spray paint and gifting it to my friends. Oh I can just see all the creative ideas flowing. See what you can come up with using the Westcott Glue Pen!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Growing up, passing notes in class was practically a rite of passage. It's not like you had anything important to say, but you liked… Continue reading: "Playful Kitty Origami Envelope"
- Fiskars ProCision Rotary Bypass Trimmer Review
- Chance to win a Little B Celtic Edging Punch!
- Win a Sizzix Big Shot Machine!
- Enter for your chance to win the Get Painting! Rotating Turntable, Painters Pyramids and Paint Pack Giveaway!
- Chance to win a Silhouette Cameo3 Desktop Cutting System!
- Chance to win a Lia Griffith Frosted Paper Flower Kit!
- Origami Bonsai
- Avery Elle Pigment Ink Pads
- You're a Star Stamping Bundle
- Bible Origami
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Print On Watercolor Paper
- Free You’ve Been Booed Printable For Halloween
- Printable Lunch Notes: Cute Critters
- This What To Pack For Lunch Printable Helps Kids Be Independent
- Halloween Paper Plate Pumpkin Craft
- Free Printable Pirate Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Halloween Coloring Book For Kids
- Free Printable Fall Bucket List For Families
- Diy Animal Pop-it – An Easy Fidget Toy
- Printable Back To School Chatterbox Game
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas