Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
Evolution Advanced Die Cutting Machine
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Evolution Advanced Die Cutting Machine
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreePaperCrafts.com
If you're in the market for a new die cutting and embossing machine, the Evolution Advanced is is an excellent machine to add to your craft stash! The Evolution Advanced Die-Cutting/Embossing Machine from We R Memory Keepers is a versatile option for any crafty household. With several unique features, the Evolution Advanced stands apart from the rest.
To start, the Evolution Advanced folds up for compact storage. When folded, the machine easily slides across a smooth surface; when opened, the machine's suction cup feet activate in a way that secures them properly to the table. These folded out legs open up for additional storage. This is the best place to store the handle when not in use, and you can fit dies, washi tape, and even small paper swatches in these compartments.
One of the biggest perks to this machine is the "lack of sandwiches". Die cutting machines made by other brands tend to include intricate layers of cutting mats for different dies and embossing folders. You might end up layering cutting platforms and mats and embossing pads (oh my!) in complex ways, creating ample room for user error. Instead, the Evolution Advanced includes a dial with different settings for function and paper weight. If you're cutting a thin piece of paper, there's a setting for that. If you're embossing a thick piece of paper, there's a setting for that. You can also letterpress with this machine. Each setting adjusts the machine to work with your materials, rather than adjusting your sandwich to work with the machine.
This machine comes with a soft cutting mat that lies on top of the cutting platform. In order to properly die cut, do not use your dies cutting side down. That will damage the platform. You want them to face cutting side up. With the paper lying on top of the die instead of the other way around, it can be challenging to see exactly where you're placing the cut. An easy way to ensure perfect placement of your die is to use a bit of washi tape to secure the die to the paper.
One last unique feature of this machine is that you can buy an attachable motor to use with it. I was impressed with the way the motor worked! After attaching, you hold the button and the cutting platform glides through smoothly. If you need to do any mass production of die cut projects such as invitations or party favors, the motor would be a handy attachment for reducing strain.
The Evolution Advanced is an excellent die cutting and embossing machine for paper crafters. With so many perks, this machine is a wonderful option for many paper crafting projects.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
It just so happens that "H" and "I" are right next to each other in the alphabet. That's why this Alphabet Message Printable Greeting… Continue reading: "Alphabet Message Printable Greeting Card"
- Chance to Win a Brea Reese Watercolor Cream and Paper Prize Pack!
- Win a collection of pens from Sakura of America!
- Chance to win the Altenew Peony Bouquet Stamp Set!
- Chance to win a Sakura Electric Eraser!
- Enter to win the Fancy Pants Happy Place Collection!
- Chance to win the My Sweet Petunia Studio Bag!
- Chance to win a Smile Create Repeat Subscription Box!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Candy Advent Calendar
- DIY Kindness Advent Calendar
- Embroidered Wreath Holiday Card
- Printable Santa and Elves Holiday Invitations
- Christmas Candy Bar Wrapper Template
- Free Fall Coloring Pages for Kids and Adults
- Santa Bucks Kids Gift Certificates
- Printable Christmas Tree, Ornaments and Garland
- 35+ Free Christmas Printables for Crafting, Scrapbooking & More Projects
- Free Printable Thanksgiving Placemats
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas