Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
Pigma Micron Pens
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Pigma Micron Pens
Gifted by: Sakura of America
Reviewed by: Dana Byerwalter, Editor, AllFreePaperCrafts.com
Pigma Micron Pens are my absolute favorite pens to work with. I've been drawing with them for upwards of ten years now, and I can confidently say I love to use them above all other pen varieties!
Sakura of America invented pigma ink more than 25 years ago, and the popularity of this option has not faded. Speaking of not fading, pigma ink is fade resistant! I typically draw a picture first in pencil, trace afterwards with Pigma Micron Pens, and erase the pencil lines afterwards. A vigorous erasing session results in clean inked lines that resist fading. Drawings I'd finished years ago remain sharp today with Pigma ink.
The archival quality of pigma ink means crafters will love these pens. Inks will not fade or harm scrapbook layouts or any of your other memory keeping projects. Handlettering is a breeze too with Micron pens. I love the smooth way these pens write. The felt tip makes for easy gliding compared to your typical ball point or roller ball pen, and a smooth, sharp line is so necessary for precision lettering or drawing projects.
I should mention that Pigma Micron Pens seemingly last forever. I've had a few pens for longer than I should admit, but the ink keeps coming!
Most often I use black Micron pens in various thicknesses, but I am a fan of the sepia color as well for a softer effect. As you can see in the photo, Micron pens come in a variety of colors. The Micron Fine Line Color set includes black, blue, green, red, purple, and brown Micron pens, and the set comes in an 01 or 05 thickness. 05 seems to be the most popular thickness as I've noticed in craft supply stores, but I personally love the thinner 01 and 02 for very fine detail. The pens even come in the very thin 005 for ultimate precision!
Even if you aren't a fan of writing, drawing, or working on archival-quality paper projects, Pigma Micron Pens are useful for everyday office use. The archival quality ink is nearly impossible to alter, making it perfect for checks, tax forms, or any other legal documentation.
It is universally challenging to resist the lure of a good pen, and Pigma Micron Pens are the pens you simply must get your hands on.
What are your favorite pens and why? Let us know in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you can't survive without your cup of morning coffee, then you've got to check out this free printable! This Life Begins After… Continue reading: "Life Begins After Coffee Printable"
- Chance to win a Silhouette Cameo3 Desktop Cutting System!
- Win the GelWriter 100-Count Gel Pens in Rotating Stand!
- Enter to Win an Adorable Scrapbook Sticker Pack!
- Chance to win a Frank Garcia Personal Planner!
- Chance to Win a Brea Reese Watercolor Cream and Paper Prize Pack!
- Chance to win a Lia Griffith Frosted Paper Flower Kit!
- Spectacular Polyform Embellishment Collection
- WIN the Easy Crystal Applicator!
- Chance to Win a Momenta Freestyle Die Cutting Machine!
- Lawn Fawn Stamps and Dies: Let's Roll, Wish You Were Here, and Float My Boat
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Fall Greeting Card
- Repurposed Santa Treat Box
- Halloween Pencil Case
- Free Printable Elephant Bead Greeting Card
- Christmas Decor From Repurposed Game Blocks
- Easy Homemade Advent Calendar
- Cute Paper Snail Puppets Craft
- Free Printable Dill Recipe Greeting Card
- Free Printable Alpaca Birthday Greeting Card
- Thanksgiving Blocks Decor
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas