Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
Encyclopedia DIY Flowers
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
"Give old encyclopedias or other book pages new life in the form of beautiful flowers that will last all spring! These combine the look of popular book page flowers with a surprising pop of color from the addition of tissue paper, which you can customize to match your home decor. These flowers are incredibly easy and fun to make!"
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueGeneral Paper Crafting
Project or Page Size12 inches x 12 inches
Type of Paper UsedTissue Paper
DID YOU KNOW?
Using a combination of textures when making paper flowers, like with these Encyclopedia DIY Flowers, makes your paper flowers even more aesthetically-pleasing. Encyclopedias, books, sheet music, newspapers, and magazines all look fantastic mixed with tissue, crepe, or any other solid-colored paper. If it's old and yellowed, it will give your bouquet a vintage feel as well. Besides bouquets and table centerpieces, DIY paper flowers can be used as hanging or wall decorations in your home (some paper flower designs are perfect party decorations), as photobooth or photoshoot props, or as any other sort of backdrop. Because paper flowers can be made with nearly any type of paper you can imagine, certain styles of paper flowers can also be formed into wreaths, strung into garlands, or formed together as gorgeous gift toppers. When you are making paper flowers, even when following a tutorial, you can use the colors that complement your tastes so that you get the ideal look every time. And, unlike real flowers, paper flowers can't wither and die. This is one paper craft every crafter should learn to make based on the practicality alone.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you hate trying to squeeze your signature onto a group card, then this Super Awesome Group Thank You Card is the project for you!… Continue reading: "Super Awesome Group Thank You Card"
- Encyclopedia DIY Flowers
- Colorful Coffee Filter Flowers Wreath
- Super Pretty Tissue Paper Flowers
- How to Make a Scalloped Spiral Rose
- Simple Spring Tissue Paper Flowers
- How To Make Realistic Paper Roses
- Little Pink Peonies
- Colorful Paper Flower Bouquet
- Tropical Coffee Filter Flower DIY Wreath
- Quilled Fringe Paper Flowers
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Printable Summer Mandala Coloring Page
- Printable Lunch Notes For Kids
- How To Print On Watercolor Paper
- Free You’ve Been Booed Printable For Halloween
- Printable Lunch Notes: Cute Critters
- This What To Pack For Lunch Printable Helps Kids Be Independent
- Halloween Paper Plate Pumpkin Craft
- Free Printable Pirate Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Halloween Coloring Book For Kids
- Free Printable Fall Bucket List For Families
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas