Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- see all comments
"The PDF can now be found at https//sites.google.com/site/netroiduniverse/ho == me/wave-3"
"Hi Everyone! The downloads have moved around a bit at our site. For this model please go to https//sites.google.com/site/netroiduniverse/ho == me/wave-2"
"Unfortunately the background color will make the ink disappear. Why can't it be a white background?"
Metallic Moroccan Stencil Decor
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Click here to view your Crafts.
Create a stunning piece of DIY home decor with the Metallic Moroccan Stencil Decor tutorial. This amazing tutorial will add a modern touch to your living space. Learn how to stencil on thick watercolor paper, and use gorgeous metallic paints in a variety of colors to create a striking effect. Experiment with layering the completed tiles in a variety of ways. Be sure to complement these tiles with pretty furniture and tabletop decorations. Your guests will be amazed to discover you painted these tiles yourself! You can't beat DIY home decor projects like this one.
You may be surprised to find out how many different and inexpensive ways you can apply a rustic theme to your paper crafting. Get all the best ideas from our collection of 12 Vintage Takes on DIY Wall Art, DIY Home Decor & More
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Type of Paper UsedTextured Paper
- Royal Design Studio's Bird Tile Moroccan Stencil
- Royal Design Studio's Starry Moroccan Night Stencil
- Royal Design Studio's Moroccan Roundabout Border
- Royal Design Studio's Hexagons Border Moroccan
- Royal Design Studio's Small Tangier Lattice
- Royal Design Studio's Palace Trellis Stencil
- Royal Design Studio's Fez Blanket Moroccan Stencil
- Royal Stencil Creme paints*: Bright Gold, Antique Gold, Pearl Oyster, Smoked Oyster, Antique Silver
- Pure White Chalk Paint® decorative paint
- 2" Foam Brushes
- 1" and 1.5" Stencil Brushes
- 22" x 30" heavy watercolor paper (purchased from Michaels)
- Blue low-tack Painter's Tape
- Drywall T-Square or other metal straight edge
For this project, custom stencil creme color combinations include:
Champagne: 1x Bright Gold + 1X Pearl Oyster + .25X Smoked Oyster
Medium Gold: 1X Bright Gold + 1X Antique Gold
Light Oyster: 1X Smoked Oyster + 1X Pearl Oyster
The sheets of watercolor paper naturally have a beautiful irregular edge which provides a nice organic frame for the stenciled artwork. If you are using a full sheet of paper you can simply proceed to Step 2. If you want to create a smaller sheet of paper, you will need to recreate that torn edge on each side of your smaller sheet. Use a large straight edge (we used a T-square designed for drywall installation) and simply tear the paper along the straight edge to separate it into smaller sizes. Also, tear off a small strip around the edges where the paper has a straight cut on it.
Create a squared-off rectangle within the torn edges. Use the T-square (or similar) to measure in about a half inch or so and create nice square corners with a soft pencil. Run Painter's Tape outside of that line to create a clean-edged tape "frame". Now you are ready to either start to stencil (if you want to incorporate the natural white background like we did with our Palace Trellis Moroccan Stencil) OR apply a layer of Stencil Creme paint to the background if creating a tone-on-tone stencil treatment. For our Moroccan artwork, we combined a bit of both techniques for more interest and variation.
Use a foam brush or foam roller to apply two or more coats of metallic Stencil Creme paint to the background. You can use the colors straight from the jar, play with your own creative color mixes, or follow our color mixes above.
For stenciling over our painted metallic backgrounds we used Pure White Chalk Paint® on some and various custom mixes of Stencil Creme paints on others.
Once the stencil fun is over the design fun begins! After playing with an arrangement on a floor or large tabletop, use low-tack double sided foam squares from 3M to affix the stenciled watercolor paper to your wall. Alternatively, you could fix them to the wall with decorative push pins. We began our design with our larger pieces of paper and then played with the smaller pieces over them to get a nice, balanced mix of sizes and colors throughout our wall art installation.
Inside this eBook, you will find DIY wall decor, DIY tabletop decor, and organizing ideas for your home. No matter your style, you will find something to make in DIY Home Decor: 11 Paper Craft Decorating Ideas for Your Home free eBook
NotesNOTE: Royal Stencil Creme paints are now available in 2oz. AND 8oz. sizes. If you are doing a larger project, Royal Design Studio recommends checking out the 8oz. sizes.
Read NextChic and Cheap Wall Art DIY
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
Easy Alien Spaceship Craft
"This easy and fun and easy alien spaceship craft is out of this world! A fun outer space craft for kids, this project makes great… Continue reading: "Easy Alien Spaceship Craft"
- Chic and Cheap Wall Art DIY
- How to Organize Your Baker's Twine
- Simplest Little Box for Organizing Craft Supplies
- How to Make a Paper Lantern: 11 DIY Paper Lanterns
- Bubble Paint Hydrangeas
- Pretty Quilled Vase and Teacup Embellishment
- 24 Home Decor Ideas
- Scrapbook Paper Embroidery Hoop Art
- Radiant Light Paper Lanterns
- 12 Vintage Takes on DIY Wall Art
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Beach Coloring Page
- Free Printable Pig Coloring Pages
- Fourth Of July Jokes For Kids
- Fun Summer Jokes For Kids Plus Free Printable
- Free Printable Octopus Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Father’s Day Coloring Pages
- June Coloring Pages
- Printable Amusement Park Checklist
- Summer Activities For Kids: Fourth Of July Crafts
- Printable Happy Birthday Cupcake Toppers
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas