You're a Rare Find Adorable Winter Card
Tell someone how special they are with the You're a Rare Find Adorable Winter Card. This tutorial will teach you how to make a card for almost any occasion. Whether you have a loved one with a winter birthday or you just want to say hello, this card is a fabulous option. You can even use it for Christmas or Valentine's Day if you'd like. Learn how to use your adhesives to create unique textures with this card making tutorial. Your loved one will adore this card!
Materials from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L:
- E-Z Runner Permanent Strips
- 3D Foam Squares
- Adhesive Sheets
- Lawn Fawn Stamps
- Spellbinders dies
- Doodlebug Design Paper
- Bazzill Basics Paper
- Copic Markers
- Ranger Ink
- IMAGINE CRAFTS/Tsukineko ink
1. Cut a 4 x 5.25 inch rectangle from white card stock.
2. Apply the Adhesive Sheet to the smooth side of the card stock (if textured).
3. Crumple the tissue paper and then spread flat on your work surface. Remove the card stock rectangle from the Adhesive Sheet and place adhesive side down on the tissue paper. Flip over.
4. Tear the excess tissue paper down and away from the edges of the card stock. Sand any uneven pieces off the edge with sandpaper or a nail file. Round the corners.
5. Using 3D Foam Squares, mount the textured piece to a 4.25 x 5.5 inch top folding card base.
6. Stamp and emboss the image and sentiment stamp. Color the image. Use the smaller of 2 nesting circle dies to cut out the image.
7. Cut the larger circle die from coordinating patterned paper. Adhere the image to the patterned paper with E-Z Runner® Permanent Strips adhesive.
8. Use 3D Foam Squares to attach the matted image to the card base.
9. Crease the end of the sentiment strip 2x and fold on itself to form a banner. Cut a triangle from each end. Use 3D Foam Squares on the center sections and permanent adhesive from an E-Z Runner Permanent Strips on the end sections. Adhere to card base as per the photo.
Easy, peasy, fast and fancy textured backgrounds….a great technique for taking your craft projects to the next level!
Read NextFall Leaf Thank You Card