Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- see all comments
"The PDF can now be found at https//sites.google.com/site/netroiduniverse/ho == me/wave-3"
"Hi Everyone! The downloads have moved around a bit at our site. For this model please go to https//sites.google.com/site/netroiduniverse/ho == me/wave-2"
"Unfortunately the background color will make the ink disappear. Why can't it be a white background?"
Just for You DIY Card
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Click here to view your Crafts.
Bring nature into your card making ideas and increase the versatility of your skills with this Just for You DIY Card. Beautiful handmade greeting cards like this one can be used for birthday card ideas, other holidays, or just because.
Use an imprint of a feather as the focal point and send your best wishes to your nature-loving family or friends. By changing the colors the card, it will also be suitable for a man, making it is a very versatile project. This is one of the best card making projects for all seasons of the year!
This reader-favorite eBook is jam-packed with amazing ideas. Download your copy today: Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers free eBook
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
Project or Page SizeCard
Type of Paper UsedCardstock
- 8.2" x 6" dark blue cardstock
- A6-sized natural cardstock
- 4.4" x 3.1" white textured cardstock
- Two sheets of ordinary printer paper
- Pigeon feather that would fit on the piece of white cardstock
- 7mm wide black-and-white-squared ribbon
- Acrylic paint in the following colors: powder blue, aquamarine, khaki green, and black
- Pilot silver marker pen
- Artline 210 Fineliner black pen
- Leaf green and ultramarine felt-tip pens
- A sponge, preferably one that was inside a medicine bottle
- Standard scissors
- Clear-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Plastic lid, big enough for the feather to fit in
Score the dark blue cardstock to create a card sized 6" x 4.1".
For the background: Use the sponge and the powder blue, aquamarine, and khaki green paint to dab color onto the natural cardstock. Allow to dry thoroughly.
Use the ultramarine felt-tip pen to add dark blue squiggles to the background.
Add highlights with the silver pen, and use the leaf green pen to add green squiggles next to the blue ones.
Complete the background by adding a few fine squiggles with the black pen.
Cut a piece sized 5.4" x 3.5" from the background. With the fold at the left, center and glue it to the front of the card.
Use the paintbrush to add black paint to the lid and place the feather on the painted part of the lid. Cover the feather with the printer paper and gently rub over the feather to ensure that the bottom of the feather will be covered in paint.
Gently pick up the feather and with the painted side facing down, put it on the piece of white textured cardstock. Place the second clean sheet of printer paper on the feather and gently rub over the feather again, so that the feather will leave an imprint on the cardstock. Remove the printer paper and gently pick up the feather, so as not to smudge the imprint. Allow to dry thoroughly.
Use the black pen to add the words "Just for you" in ornate writing.
Use the silver pen to add highlights to the feather and writing.
Center and glue the white cardstock to the front of the card.
Make a small bow with the ribbon and glue it below the white cardstock.
Read NextRustic Red Poppy Handmade Card
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Daughter of Light
Oct 31, 2018
This Just For You Card is sooooo inspiring! I'm a plant lover and in taking care of my plants I'm often plucking off a leaf and thinking how can incorporate this into my greeting cards. I think I've just found my answer! The background of this card is drop dead gorgeous! I just bought my first set of distress oxide inks and distress inks and cannot wait to play! Thank you very much for the inspiration!!!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Lazy Minute Napkin Wreath
Make a decoration that says "spring is here." Check out this tutorial to learn how to make a Lazy Minute Napkin Wreath. This wreath… Continue reading: "Lazy Minute Napkin Wreath"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Printable Basketball Maze
- Made For You, Crochet Dishcloth Wrap Label (free Printable)
- Free Printable: I Crocheted This For You, Crochet Dishcloth Wrap Label
- Free Printable: A Gift For You, Crochet Dishcloth Wrap Label
- Crochet Dishcloth Wrap Label, A Dishcloth For You
- Paper Easter Basket Craft
- Easter Craft: Another Way To Use Our Free Easter Printable
- Printable St. Patrick's Day Writing Prompt
- Printable St. Patrick's Day Maze
- Free Basketball Coloring Pages
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas