Glitzy Cupcake Wrapper Card
Turn cupcake wrappers into flower petals to make the Glitzy Cupcake Wrapper Card. This handmade greeting card features bold colors such as black and silver to make a glitzy and glamorous birthday card. The cupcake wrapper flower will add an element of drama. Add a touch of color with a bright yellow ribbon and bow. The card will speak volumes and bring great wishes to a special family member. It is bound to create an interesting conversation topic.
Two White and Silver Cupcake Wrappers with a Scallop Edge
A4-sheet of Gray Marbled Paper
8.2” x 5.4” Black Sugar Paper
10mm Wide Black Washi Tape with Small White Flowers Printed on the Tape
0.2” Wide White Belt Ribbon
0.2” Wide Yellow Satin Ribbon
Piece of Lace
Suitable White Button
Pair of Standard Scissors
Quick Drying Glue
Quick-drying Fine Silver Spray Paint
Few Sheets of Newspaper to Protect the Working Area
1. With the longest side of the gray paper on the left, fold the A4 sheet of paper first from top to bottom and then from left to right.
2. Place the lace on the right short side of the sugar paper. Protect the rest of the paper with a sheet of newspaper. Spray over the lace with the silver spray paint and carefully lift the lace. The spray paint would have made a lace imprint onto the sugar paper. Allow to dry thoroughly.
3. Fold the sugar paper in half, and with the fold of the gray card on the left, first center and then glue half of the black sugar paper to the front and the other half to the back of the card.
4. Cut flower petals from the cupcake wrappers. You will need approximately 9-10 petals.
5. Glue the petals to the front of the card in a circle to make a flower.
6. Place the button in the center of the flower and then glue it.
7. Glue the belt ribbon in place at the bottom of the card. Glue the Washi tape in place just below the belt ribbon, slightly overlapping the ribbon. Finally, glue a second strip of belt ribbon just below the Washi tape, slightly overlapping the Washi tape. Cut off any protruding edges to the left and right of the card.
8. Glue the yellow satin ribbon in place on the left of the card. The ribbon must be completely glued down on the front, and also on the inside of the card. Neatly cut off the ribbon where the edges overlap on the inside of the card and glue the edges down.
9. Make a small bow with a piece of yellow ribbon and glue this to the bottom left corner of the card.
What is the most unique material you've ever crafted with?
Leave a comment for the chance to win! We are offering a prize to one person who answers the above question.
- Leave a comment on this page below with your answer to the above question. An entrant will be selected at random to win!
- You have until June 11, 2014, at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this Glitzy Cupcake Wrapper Card page with your suggested project title. Comments posted after June 11, 2014 will not be accepted.
- Winners will be contacted by e-mail.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and a resident of the U.S. or Canada to qualify.
Thank you to everyone who participated!
Read NextQuilt Block Printable Mini Cards