16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Say, "Bonjour, mon amie" to any of your friends with this French-inspired Fleur De Lys DIY Greeting Card. Paris is a city that's renowned for its beauty and elegance and that is what you get with this mixed media card. Unlike common card making ideas, this DIY card is made using clay as well as your usual card making supplies. The charming fleur de Lys pattern, as well as the sentiment, are made using clay and stamps. It's a fun and exciting way to add dimension and depth to your handmade card.
Learn the best ways to use rubber stamps and get some card ideas, too! You'll find it all in: How to Use a Rubber Stamp + 10 Stamping Projects
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueMixed Media
Project or Page SizeCard
Type of Paper UsedScrapbook Paper
- 1 block of Premo! Accents®: Pearl - 2 oz
- 1 block of Premo! Accents®: Peacock Pearl - 2 oz
- Sculpey® Clay Conditioning Machine
- Sculpey® Super Slicer
- Rubber stamp Fleur de Lys, TPC Studio/ANW Crestwood2009434 (Other Fleur de Lys stamps may be substituted)
- Spray water bottle
- Craft knife
- Pearl Ex powder, Antique Bronze
- 1 sheet brown print scrapbook paper
- 2 sheets turquoise print scrapbook paper
- 1 sheet solid ecru scrapbook paper
- 1 sheet solid brown scrapbook paper
- Brown stamp pad
- Turquoise stamp pad
- Scrapbook adhesive
- Strong white craft glue
- 3 self-sticking turquoise gems
- Unlined index cards
Preheat oven to 275°F. Test temperature with oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay. Condition all clay by kneading until it’s soft and smooth or running it through the Clay Conditioning Machine for several passes on the widest setting. Fold the clay in half after each pass and insert the fold side into the rollers first.
Combine the Peacock Pearl clay and the Pearl clay using the Clay Conditioning Machine. Create a sheet on the number 3 setting. Place a 4" x 5" (approximately) piece of the clay on an index card. Lightly mist one of the larger size fleur de lys stamps and stamp into the sheet of clay. Do the same thing with the coordinating medium size fleur de lys stamp. Lightly highlight the stamped area with the Pearl Ex powder. Using the craft knife trim around each shape. Place index card on a baking sheet.
Place a 3" x 2" sheet on clay on another index card. Using the Alphabet Stamper stamp the word Bonjour on the sheet of clay. Center the words Mon Amie right under Bonjour. Highlight the stamped words with the Pearl Ex powder and trim the piece to 2-1/2" x 15/16" using the Super Slicer. Place on baking sheet.
Bake clay embellishments according to package directions. When done remove from oven and remove embellishments from index cards when they are still warm, this allows them to cool flat.
Cut the brown print paper to 6-3/4" x 10" fold in half to create a card that is 6-3/4" x 5".
Trim the turquoise print paper to 5-1/2" x 4-1/4". Ink edges with turquoise stamp pad. Adhere to front of card with scrapbook adhesive.
Trim 2 pieces of tan paper, one to 1-1/2" x 2-15/16" and the other 1-3/8" x 2-1/2". Ink edges with turquoise stamp pad. Trim brown paper so that it adds a slight border to the turquoise ones and adhere turquoise rectangles to brown ones. Cut a piece of turquoise paper to 2-5/16" x 1-15/16", ink edges with brown stamp pad. Using finished card photo as your guide adhere these 3 pieces to the front of the card.
Add 3 gems to right top corner of the card.
Using a strong white craft glue adhere clay embellishments. Allow card to dry. Once the glue is dry it is perfectly safe to mail.
Make extra Fleur de Lys embellishments. Once baked and cooled, add magnets. They make great gifts.
Find more beautiful projects like this one in our free downloadable collection, DIY Greeting Cards: 10 Handmade Card Ideas for Every Season free eBook
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Magnificent Shining Butterfly Card
Glittery Thank You Card
Patchwork Flowers All Occasion Card
How to Make Your Own Pop Up Cards
Blue Butterfly Envelope Book
All Occasion Daisy Card
How to Make a 3D Card: 23+ Card Making Ideas
45+ Handmade Card Ideas: How to Make Greeting Cards
Totally Cute Take Out Card
Shabby Chic Stenciled Lace Cards
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Paper Pumpkin
- Free Printable Woodland Winter Cards
- Colorful Paper Flower Bouquet
- Upcycled Tomato Tray Easter Basket
- Lyne from The Paper Addict
- Stampin' Up Subscription Kit
- DIY Matching *Be Mine* Card & Box Set
- Paper Folding Flowers
- Patchwork Flowers All Occasion Card
- Valentine's Day Shaker Card
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas