Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
Charming Thanks Teacher Pop-Up Card
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
You are going to want to give an A to this Charming Thanks Teacher Pop-Up Card. Teachers are special people and sometimes we need an extra-special card to thank them for all they do. This charming DIY thank you card lays flat to mail and then pops open with pivoting swinging frames sure to delight the special teacher.
This DIY pop-up card has a swing fold center, revealing a pleasant surprise for the teacher. Give this to your child's teacher at the start of the year or at the end to let them know that they are appreciated.
Find cards like this one in our collection of How to Make a 3D Card: 23+ Card Making Ideas
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Project or Page SizeCard
Type of Paper UsedCardstock
- Karen Burniston 1007 Charm Accordion Die Set
- Karen Burniston 1002 Word Set 1 – Greetings
- Karen Burniston 1001 Woodland Animals Set
- Karen Burniston 1011 Katherine Labels Pop Up set (stitched oval)
- Nuvo Crystal Glaze
- Nuvo Deluxe Fine Tip Adhesive
- Simon Say Stamp Teacher die
- Corner rounder punch
- Thin black marker
- 1/8" Scor-Tape
- Tonic Studios paper trimmer
These are pictures of the Karen Burniston die sets I used and all the die cut pieces in this card. Of course you can choose any theme and use any dies, punches or stamps you currently own. However, the Karen Burniston Charm Accordion Die Set includes the swinging pivoting frames and charm frame as well as the jump rings and the apple charm shown.
Die cut the apple charm out of red and green scraps and trim off the stem of the two red apples and one of the green leaves. Cover the red apples with Nuvo Cyrstal Glaze for a shine that looks good enough to eat. Set them aside at least 2-3 hours up to overnight to completely dry.
Die cut the black card base, charm frame and jump ring out of a sturdy black cardstock (at least 100 lb. or heavier is recommended.)
Die cut the white stitched squares and oval signature piece.
Die cut 3 halves of the card base die out of lightweight red polka-dotted patterned paper, cut 1/8 inch off all sides with a paper trimmer and round all corners with a corner rounder punch.
Die cut all pieces of the raccoon, and the thanks and teacher sentiments.
After the Nuvo Crystal Glaze is dry on the apples, adhere the red apple pieces to the green pieces. Apply 1/8" scor-tape to the sides of the charm frame. Train all folds on the charm frame so they bend easily both ways. Attach a black paper die cut jump ring through the hole in the top of the charm frame and hang the completed apple charm on the jump ring.
Put the grey die cut raccoon back into the Woodland Animals die and color in his eyes and nose with a thin black marker. Glue on his black mask and striped tail and attach the other shiny apple in his paws.
Adhere the red designer pieces, the oval signature piece, the stitched white squares and the finished raccoon.
Train all folds on the card base by folding both ways and folding the pivoting squares to pivot away from the center of the card. (The Karen Burniston Charm Accordion die set makes the score lines and cuts work easily to create the pivoting swinging motion.)
Remove the thin scor-tape from both sides of the charm frame and attach it to each side of the swinging pivoting squares.Here is a close-up of the hanging charm frame inside the pivoting squares:
Adhere the die cut “thanks” to the first pivoting square and the die cut "teacher" to the front of the card.
The completed teacher thank you card is 4-1/4" x 3-1/4" when it is folded so it fits easily into a standard A2 size envelope. Any special teacher would be charmed by this sweet handmade pop-up thanks card.
Learn how to add the best embellishments to any craft with How to Scrapbook and Craft with Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts free eBook
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
Anyone would be blown away by this stunning Brightly Floral DIY Birthday Card. Fortunately, you can make it for your mom, grandma,… Continue reading: "Brightly Floral DIY Birthday Card"
- How to Make a 3D Card
- Beautiful Printable Inspirational Quote Card
- Little Pocket Greeting Cards
- 14 Fancy Fold Cards
- Prettiest Pale Pink Patchwork Heart Card
- Simple and Special Rick Rack Card
- 45+ Handmade Card Ideas
- Double Pocket Card Tutorial
- Beautiful Blooms Accordion Card
- How to Make Holiday Bridge Cards
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- St Patrick’s Day Gnomes Coloring Pages
- Rose Coloring Pages For Kids And Adults
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Cards For Kids
- Free Printable Dinosaur Valentines
- Printable Donut Valentine Cards
- Valentine’s Day Baby Yoda
- Papercraft Planet Cards
- Printable Valentine's Day Candy Dice Game
- Printable Valentine's Day Coloring Bookmarks
- Free Printable Cute Valentine Coloring Pages
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas