Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
Spread Your Wings Notepad Cover
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Don't let your notepads sit bare upon your shelf! Use the Spread Your Wings Notepad Cover tutorial to bring your personality and some sunshine into the office. The tutorial will show you how to make a notebook cover embellished with sunflowers. The notepad features a fluttering butterfly perched upon bright flowers to add depth to the front cover. The inside of the cover features a subtle ombre green with another butterfly atop a sunflower. DIY notebook covers are definitely easier than you think, so try out this tutorial and turn your plain notepad into a beautiful work of art.
Materials from Heartfelt Creations:
- Summer's Day PreCut Set
- Classic Sunflower PreCut Set
- Open Leaf PreCut Set
- Classic Sunflower Die
- Classic Leaf Die
- Classic Sunflower Paper Collection
- Grand Calibur
- Scor-Pal Measuring & Scoring Board
- Stamp Mat Pad
- Art Institute Glue - Dries Clear
- Paper Blossoms Tool Kit
- Paper Blossoms Molding Mat
- Metal Glue Tip - Art Institute
- Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Black (Recollections), More Mustard (SU)
- Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Forest Moss, Vintage Photo Distress (Ranger)
- Black Acrylic Paint Dauber (Ranger)
- Mini Ornate Frames (Creative Embellishments)
- Dark Brown Jute String (Really Reasonable Ribbon)
- Bow Maker Tool
- Craft Knife
- Cutting Mat
- Pop Dots
- Fast Grab Tacky Glue (Aleenes)
- Junior Size Writing Pad
- Mineral Spirits
- Prismacolor Pencils: Black, Yellow Ochre, Goldenrod, Burnt Ochre, Chocolate, Ginger Root, Sandbar Brown
- Use tutorial from Split Coast Stampers for Junior Notepad found here using adjusted measurements as noted.
- Base: Cut More Mustard 10 1/2" x 8 1/4", score at 5 1/8" and 5 3/8". Pad Topper: Cut designer paper 4 7/8" x 2 1/8" and score at 7/8" and 1 1/8".
- Add to pad top with Scor-tape tape following the tutorial.
- Add pad to inside of base with Scor-tape tape following the tutorial.
- Mat for inside: Cut designer paper 8" x 4 7/8", ink edges with Forest Moss, and glue to base.
- Mat for front: Cut Black mat 4 15/16" x 8 1/16" and glue to base.
- Cut designer paper piece shown for front cover measuring 4 3/4" x 7 7/8", ink edges with Black Ink, glue to black mat and glue both to front cover.
- Paint Mini Ornate Frame with black acrylic paint and let dry.
- Select image from designer paper tag assortment sheet, trim to fit behind frame, glue to back of frame with Art Institute Glue and Metal Glue Tip.
- Trim any excess with craft knife and cutting mat when dry. Add to notepad cover as pictured using pop dots.
- On Solar White with Onyx Black, stamp Classic Sunflower, butterfly from Summers Day Set, 2 of 3-leaf stems, 1 of 9-leaf stems from Open Leaf Set.
- Color flowers and butterfly with pencils and mineral spirits.
- Fussy cut butterfly and shape as desired.
- Die cut flowers with Classic Sunflower Die, shape with mat and tool kit, glue together to form a small flower and a larger one.
- Die cut leaves with Classic Leaf Die, ink with Forest Moss Ink using sponge and shape with mat and tool kit.
- Make large 3-loop bow with Jute String and add to cover using Fast-Grab Glue. Arrange flowers, leaves (small leaves are cut into pieces) and butterfly as shown and glue all down.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Previous Project of the Day
Say happy birthday in the best way with a gorgeous handmade card. The Happy Birthday Fancy Fold Card is a great way to challenge your… Continue reading: "Happy Birthday Fancy Fold Card"
Recycled Paper Book
Beautiful Book Binding Ideas
The Easiest DIY Journal Project Ever
Loveliest Ombre Journal Covers
Mini and Marvelous DIY Notebooks
Fantastic Fox Notepad Free Printables
How to Make a Text Block
Easy As Can Be Book
Dollar Store DIY Leather Journal
Simple Painted Notebook Decoration
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Captain Marvel Valentine's Cards
- Party Crowns
- DIY Printable Father's Day Candy Wrappers
- Punny Printable Cards for Teachers
- Cinco DE Mayo Word Search Free Printable
- Spring Themed Party Favors
- Cheerful Printable Pastel Flowers
- Graduation Owl Decoration
- Printable Graduation Owl Gift Bags
- Zoo Animals Word Search
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas