- see all comments
"The PDF can now be found at https//sites.google.com/site/netroiduniverse/ho == me/wave-3"
"Hi Everyone! The downloads have moved around a bit at our site. For this model please go to https//sites.google.com/site/netroiduniverse/ho == me/wave-2"
"Unfortunately the background color will make the ink disappear. Why can't it be a white background?"
Twist Easel Card Project
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Click here to view your Crafts.
If you've been looking for a fun project to step up your paper crafting game, then you'll love this simple Twist Easel Card Project! This easy card making tutorial is a fantastic new project from our friends at Ecstasy Crafts and shows you how to create your own twist easel card that stands on its own.
This DIY twist easel card includes step-by-step directions and comes with a printable PDF for creating your card, so that you don't have to worry about any guesswork. Whether you're creating a special occasion card, DIY birthday card, or just want to show off your paper crafting skills, you'll fall in love with this fancy fold card tutorial.
Follow Ecstasy Crafts on Facebook, Pinterest, or YouTube for even more crafting inspiration!
Looking for more card making tutorials? Check out this fancy fold card from one of our favorite bloggers! Floral Inspiration DIY Gatefold Card
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueGeneral Paper Crafting
Project or Page SizeCard
Type of Paper UsedCardstock
Project TypeMake a Project
- 3 sheets of cardstock
- Glue stick (or alternative)
Making the Top of the Card
Ensure you have two different colours of cardstock. Take one of the sheets of cardstock and cut the following squares: 5" x 5" and 4.5" x 4.5".
With the contrasting coloured cardstock, cut the following squares: 4.75" x 4.75" and 3.75" x 3.75".
Cut your centerpiece image so that it fits within a 3.5 inch by 3.5 inch square.
Layer the squares using an adhesive of your choice, like a glue stick or double-sided tape. Stack the squares from smallest to largest, using your picture first.
Making the Bottom of the Card
Take your dark coloured cardstock and cut a 4.5 inch by 4.5 inch square.
Take your contrasting coloured cardstock and cut the following squares: 4.75" x 4.75" and 4.25" x 4.25".
Layer the squares in order from smallest to largest using an adhesive of your choice.
Making the "Easel"
Cut a 5 inch by 10 inch rectangle from the dark coloured cardstock.
Score the cardstock in the middle to make two 5 inch by 5 inch squares, then again across one of the diagonals.
Fold across the diagonal and attach the top of the card to this triangle using the adhesive of your choice.
Flip the easel over, so the top of the card is pointing down (and it is lying flush). Attach the bottom of the card to the base of the easel.
Fold across the diagonal again and along the middle of the card, so the top of the card stands up using the base.
Personalize your card with a message or greeting of your choice.
Tip: Use a small object (like a button) on the base of the card to prop up the card.
No matter what season you're celebrating, you can't go wrong with these DIY greeting cards. Download our free eBook today! DIY Greeting Cards: 10 Handmade Card Ideas for Every Season free eBook
What types of card making tutorials would you like to see on AllFreePaperCrafts? Let us know below in the comments!
Read NextPretty Polka Dot DIY Cards
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Daughter of Light
Aug 09, 2018
Oh my goodness! I feel like I hit the jack pot today and I didn't even place a bet! This is such an awesome card idea! I love it...love it...love it! There are soooo many ways to change it up to make it my own! I can change the colors, the picture, the sentiment and the embellishment that you prop the card against at the bottom! That's what I like about crafting...sooo easy to make it my own! Thanks for the idea!!!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Words on Wings Butterfly Embellishment
Follow this Words on Wings Butterfly Embellishment tutorial and fold yourself a fabulous floating friend. These adorable paper… Continue reading: "Words on Wings Butterfly Embellishment"
- Pretty Polka Dot DIY Cards
- "Foiled Again" Card Making Ideas
- Quilled Flowers Card
- "Thinking of You" Foil Embossed Card
- Cutting Art Handmade Greeting Cards
- Pretty Lavender Flower Punch Card
- Ocean-Inspired Quilled Paper Cards
- How to Make a Pop-Up Card
- Free Printable Friendship Card
- Easy Rainbow Cloud DIY Card
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Make Way For Ducklings Coloring Pages
- Free Chicken Coloring Pages And Activities For Kids
- Printable Big Flower Coloring Pages
- Free Printable April Coloring Pages
- Printable Candy Dice Game For Easter
- Printable Reward Chart For Kids
- Cute Paper Plate Chick Craft For Kids
- Free Printable Earth Day Scavenger Hunt For Kids
- Up In The Garden Down In The Dirt Printables
- Printable Ice Cream Cone Wrappers
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas