This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
From the blogger: "A new bookmark helps encourage your child to read. With a fun art project like this, you can see your kid’s desire to read more. Encourage your kids to read by creating other fun DIY bookmarks throughout the whole year. Let your kids get creative as they want with this project! Let them make their giraffe however they want. Add googly eyes for fun! "
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniqueGeneral Paper Crafting
Project or Page SizeCard
Type of Paper UsedConstruction Paper
- Construction Paper
- Glue Stick
Select 2 different shades of yellow-colored craft papers along with orange and pink-colored craft papers. You will also need cardstock paper for the bookmark base. The template includes the body base, head, mouth part, horns, inner ears, tail, tail tip, and spots. Trace and cut out the giraffe patterns from the selected craft papers.
Attach the mouth part to the lower part of the head cutout and attach the inner ear cutouts to the ear parts of the head cutout.
Attach the horn cutouts on the top side of the head pattern.
Attach the triangular spot cutouts on both sides and the top side of the head pattern. Use a sharpie to draw the eyes, nose, and mouth-line of the giraffe pattern. Attach the tail tip on the tip part of the tail cutout and attach the spot cutouts on the body base cutout.
Attach the tail pattern on the backside of the body base pattern. Attach the head pattern with the neck part of the body base pattern. Prepare a piece of paper for the bookmark base, it should be rectangle-shaped.
Attach the back side of the body part of the giraffe figure but keep do not glue the legs with the bookmark base.
Now, you can simply slide a page between the bookmark base and the legs to use the giraffe as a bookmark.
Read NextColoring Book Pages Sphere
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Decorate your kitchen with this Cute Baking Printable Wall Art. Stop, drop, and roll in a way you don't expect! This adorable graphic… Continue reading: "Cute Baking Printable Wall Art"
- Coloring Book Pages Sphere
- Giraffe Bookmark
- Cute as a Button Cupcake
- White Vellum Paper Flower Garland
- Paper Star DIY Party Decorations
- I Am Groot Birthday Card
- Crayon Hugger Party Favor Ideas for Kids
- Spring Treats Cupcake Toppers and Candy Bar Wraps
- Free Printable Owl Treat Bags
- Pretty Points Paper Pinwheels
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Printable Christmas Maze For Kids
- Holiday Trivia Questions And Answers Printable
- Toilet Paper Roll Countdown Calendar
- Hanging Star Holiday Countdown Calendar
- Free Printable Christmas Scavenger Hunt Clues
- Free I Spy Christmas Printable
- Snowman Christmas Countdown Calendar
- Printable Christmas Word List Game
- Free Paper Placemats Christmas Printable
- Printable Christmas Color By Number Pages
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas