We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Paperplay: 40+ Projects to Fold, Cut, Curl and More
By: Shannon E. Miller
Gifted by: Fons & Porter Books, a division of F+W
Reviewed by Dana Byerwalter, Editor, AllFreePaperCrafts.com
Start playing with paper! In Paperplay: 40+ Projects to Fold, Cut, Curl and More, author Shannon E. Miller offers an extensive variety of paper craft tutorials for readers to create. Featuring 28 cards and 12 more paper craft ideas, Paperplay is a collection of projects you won't want to miss.
This book is organized brilliantly. To start, Miller offers an excellent guide to getting started which covers the essential tools you will need in your paper crafting arsenal. Once you've finished the introduction, Paperplay is structured into seven chapters by technique. As you peruse the book, you will learn how to fold, cut, sculpt, quill, stitch, draw & paint, and collage your paper to form stunning craft projects. You may also notice that the chapters are not only sorted by technique, but by color. The chapter that teaches you how to fold features red projects. The chapter that teaches you how to cut features orange projects, and so on.
Each color-coded technique-based chapter showcases several projects you can make with each technique. For example, in the collage chapter, you will learn how to make a variety of collage cards as well as home decor pieces featuring collage elements. In the quill chapter, create quilled cake toppers, pencil cups, and more. A favorite project of mine is the Orange Slice Card, which uses basic cutting techniques to create the tropical motif. The Good Luck Card is another favorite, which features a quilled four-leaf clover as well as quilled words.
Take the opportunity to select and make your favorite projects from Paperplay! You are certain to discover techniques in this book that you haven't worked with, and once you try a new paper craft, you'll be hooked!
Bonus! Interested in a free preview? We have the tutorial for the gorgeous Pistachio Peacock Feather Card right here.
Read NextColor Me to Sleep Review
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
"If you have a die cutting machine, dies, and embossing folders, then you know how fun it is making cards with them, and are possibly… Continue reading: "Embossed Metal Butterfly Birthday Card"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Printable Christmas Maze For Kids
- Holiday Trivia Questions And Answers Printable
- Toilet Paper Roll Countdown Calendar
- Hanging Star Holiday Countdown Calendar
- Free Printable Christmas Scavenger Hunt Clues
- Free I Spy Christmas Printable
- Snowman Christmas Countdown Calendar
- Printable Christmas Word List Game
- Free Paper Placemats Christmas Printable
- Printable Christmas Color By Number Pages
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas