Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Paperplay: 40+ Projects to Fold, Cut, Curl and More
By: Shannon E. Miller
Gifted by: Fons & Porter Books, a division of F+W
Reviewed by Dana Byerwalter, Editor, AllFreePaperCrafts.com
Start playing with paper! In Paperplay: 40+ Projects to Fold, Cut, Curl and More, author Shannon E. Miller offers an extensive variety of paper craft tutorials for readers to create. Featuring 28 cards and 12 more paper craft ideas, Paperplay is a collection of projects you won't want to miss.
This book is organized brilliantly. To start, Miller offers an excellent guide to getting started which covers the essential tools you will need in your paper crafting arsenal. Once you've finished the introduction, Paperplay is structured into seven chapters by technique. As you peruse the book, you will learn how to fold, cut, sculpt, quill, stitch, draw & paint, and collage your paper to form stunning craft projects. You may also notice that the chapters are not only sorted by technique, but by color. The chapter that teaches you how to fold features red projects. The chapter that teaches you how to cut features orange projects, and so on.
Each color-coded technique-based chapter showcases several projects you can make with each technique. For example, in the collage chapter, you will learn how to make a variety of collage cards as well as home decor pieces featuring collage elements. In the quill chapter, create quilled cake toppers, pencil cups, and more. A favorite project of mine is the Orange Slice Card, which uses basic cutting techniques to create the tropical motif. The Good Luck Card is another favorite, which features a quilled four-leaf clover as well as quilled words.
Take the opportunity to select and make your favorite projects from Paperplay! You are certain to discover techniques in this book that you haven't worked with, and once you try a new paper craft, you'll be hooked!
Bonus! Interested in a free preview? We have the tutorial for the gorgeous Pistachio Peacock Feather Card right here.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Do you lovely the gorgeous beauty of butterflies in spring? Then you will adore this Beautiful Quilled Monarch Butterfly. Vibrant… Continue reading: "Beautiful Quilled Monarch Butterfly"
- Snowflakes, Sunbursts, and Stars
- Enter for your chance to win the Creative Origami and Paper Dolls DIY Books Bundle!
- Chance to win Tangle Wood Collector's Edition Adult Coloring Bundle!
- Celebrate Birthdays
- Enter for your chance to win the Totally Zen Drawing Workbook and Pens Giveaway!
- Enter for your chance to win Wild & Wonderful Origami and Origami Paper!
- Chance to win Leisure Arts Adult Coloring Books!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Alphabet Bingo Printable Game For Kids
- Birthday Scavenger Hunt
- St. Patrick’s Day Treasure Hunt
- Deep Cleaning Checklist
- Easy Easter Bunny Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- How To Make A Piñata From A Cereal Box
- Free Valentine's Day Scavenger Hunt Printable For Kids
- Coloring & Activity Pages Free Printable Rocket Counting Worksheets For Kids
- Printable Valentine's Day Digital Paper
- Free Printable Scripture Greeting Card
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas