Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Paperplay: 40+ Projects to Fold, Cut, Curl and More
By: Shannon E. Miller
Gifted by: Fons & Porter Books, a division of F+W
Reviewed by Dana Byerwalter, Editor, AllFreePaperCrafts.com
Start playing with paper! In Paperplay: 40+ Projects to Fold, Cut, Curl and More, author Shannon E. Miller offers an extensive variety of paper craft tutorials for readers to create. Featuring 28 cards and 12 more paper craft ideas, Paperplay is a collection of projects you won't want to miss.
This book is organized brilliantly. To start, Miller offers an excellent guide to getting started which covers the essential tools you will need in your paper crafting arsenal. Once you've finished the introduction, Paperplay is structured into seven chapters by technique. As you peruse the book, you will learn how to fold, cut, sculpt, quill, stitch, draw & paint, and collage your paper to form stunning craft projects. You may also notice that the chapters are not only sorted by technique, but by color. The chapter that teaches you how to fold features red projects. The chapter that teaches you how to cut features orange projects, and so on.
Each color-coded technique-based chapter showcases several projects you can make with each technique. For example, in the collage chapter, you will learn how to make a variety of collage cards as well as home decor pieces featuring collage elements. In the quill chapter, create quilled cake toppers, pencil cups, and more. A favorite project of mine is the Orange Slice Card, which uses basic cutting techniques to create the tropical motif. The Good Luck Card is another favorite, which features a quilled four-leaf clover as well as quilled words.
Take the opportunity to select and make your favorite projects from Paperplay! You are certain to discover techniques in this book that you haven't worked with, and once you try a new paper craft, you'll be hooked!
Bonus! Interested in a free preview? We have the tutorial for the gorgeous Pistachio Peacock Feather Card right here.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Snowflakes, Sunbursts, and Stars
- Win a selection of Adult Coloring Books!
- Enter for your chance to win the Creative Origami and Paper Dolls DIY Books Bundle!
- 20 Ways to Draw a Dress and 44 Other Fabulous Fashions and Accessories
- How to Make 100 Paper Flowers
- Enter for your chance to win the Love By Design Adult Coloring Book and Pens Giveaway!
- Chance to win Tangle Wood Collector's Edition Adult Coloring Bundle!
- Chance to win a copy of The Art of Quilling Paper Jewelry!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Dictionary Paper Advent Calendar
- Printable Halloween Coupons For Kids
- Thank A Veteran Cards – Free Printable
- 3d Sticker Mini Valentine's Day Cards
- Printable Woodland Kid's Maks
- Printable Tahnksgiving Labels
- Printable Halloween Mazes
- Printable Halloween I Spy
- Printable Sports Word Search
- Flower Egg Ornament
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas