The Art of Quilling Paper Jewelry
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
The Art of Quilling Paper Jewelry
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreePaperCrafts.com
Although I've dabbled in the jewelry world, I haven't quite figured out the neat technique of quilling paper. Since quilling paper is so delicate I'm always afraid I'll ruin it, but with The Art of Quilling Paper Jewelry book from Interweave I have learned how it all works.
Within this 144-page paperback book you'll find the techniques and projects for metallic earrings and pendants that even you will surprise yourself with. The old technique of quilling can give you a modern and sophisticated piece of jewelry without the high price tag you'll find in stores. Author Ann Martin will teach you how to use metallic-edged papers and turn them into fabulous and sturdy pieces.
Whether you're new to the craft or you've been making jewelry for years, this book will guide you on how to work with gilded paper and turn your creations into unique jewelry only you will have. With step-by-step instructions and detailed tutorials you'll learn how to roll coils, scrolls and other unique quilled shapes; your eye-catching designs will be a hit.
Each of the designs in the book is stunning as you will quickly see. Projects within the book include Celestial Flower Pendant, Petal Power Lariat Necklace, Classic Filigree Pendant, Art Deco Earrings and so many others. To make the jewelry you'll need various quilling tools and jewelry supplies like needle tools, slotted tools, dowels, pliers, metal jump rings, tweezers and more. I know it seems overwhelming at first, but Ann makes the instructions easy to follow, so you can have a new statement piece in no time.
A few of my favorites are the Modern Hardware Earrings, which are simply stunning. The teardrop ring coils are easy to make and look like real earrings. The Deconstructed Flower Pendant is simplistic, but also looks fancy; all your friends will ask you where you bought it from. The Art Deco Earrings have a lot of detail, so it may take you a bit longer to make than another project within the book, but you'll love it.
Every design you make is visually stunning and will leave you wanting more!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Snowflakes, Sunbursts, and Stars
- Win a selection of Adult Coloring Books!
- Enter for your chance to win the Creative Origami and Paper Dolls DIY Books Bundle!
- 20 Ways to Draw a Dress and 44 Other Fabulous Fashions and Accessories
- How to Make 100 Paper Flowers
- Enter for your chance to win the Love By Design Adult Coloring Book and Pens Giveaway!
- Chance to win Tangle Wood Collector's Edition Adult Coloring Bundle!
- Chance to win a copy of The Art of Quilling Paper Jewelry!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Dictionary Paper Advent Calendar
- Printable Halloween Coupons For Kids
- Thank A Veteran Cards – Free Printable
- 3d Sticker Mini Valentine's Day Cards
- Printable Woodland Kid's Maks
- Printable Tahnksgiving Labels
- Printable Halloween Mazes
- Printable Halloween I Spy
- Printable Sports Word Search
- Flower Egg Ornament
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas