- see all comments
"The PDF can now be found at https//sites.google.com/site/netroiduniverse/ho == me/wave-3"
"Hi Everyone! The downloads have moved around a bit at our site. For this model please go to https//sites.google.com/site/netroiduniverse/ho == me/wave-2"
"Unfortunately the background color will make the ink disappear. Why can't it be a white background?"
Aubusson Blue and Antique Gold Stenciled Lampshade
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Click here to view your Crafts.
Dress up that plain white lampshade with stencils! The Aubusson Blue and Antique Gold Stenciled Lampshade is a gorgeous DIY project to add an accent to your space. This gorgeous tutorial will teach you how to stencil a basic drum lampshade, and you will love how easy this tutorial is! Follow the simple step-by-step instructions to make this beautiful project. The blue and gold color combination is so chic! You will adore the finished project.
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Project TypeMake a Project
- Forest Floor Damask Stencil from the Bonnie Christine Stencil Collection
- Royal Stencil Creme Paints in Antique Gold and Bright Gold
- 1.5" Stencil Brush
- Chalk Paint Decorative Paint: Aubusson Blue and Florence
- Foam Stencil Roller, Roller Handle, Paint Tray
- Plain white or off-white drum shade
Aubusson Blue and Antique Gold Stenciled Lampshade
Stenciled Lampshade Instructions
Note: Our lampshade was covered in a canvas-type fabric, but you can also you an inexpensive paper shade. For either type, you can stencil directly on the lampshade surface, as is, or paint it in the color of your choice!
Gather your supplies.
We wanted a more colorful lampshade, so decided to first give it two coats of Chalk Paint® decorative paint in a custom color mix we created by combining 1 part Aubusson Blue and 1 part Florence. This makes the perfect shade of Turquoise blue!! We simply rolled it on with a foam roller. You can do two coats quickly because the Chalk Paint® dries VERY fast.
Lampshades will generally have a seam in them. This is where you will begin-and end-your stencil pattern. Run tape along one side of the seam to protect it and begin stenciling on the opposite side of the seam. You may find it easier to use a stencil spray adhesive on the back of the stencil to keep it in place, but we prefer to just use Painter's Tape whenever possible. That is what we did here. As we came back around to the seam, we simply moved the tape to the other side to finish the pattern cleanly.
The stenciling itself was done with a custom color mix created by combining 1 part Antique Gold Stencil Creme and 1 part Bright Gold Stencil Creme. You will find that, like Chalk Paint®, you can mix almost limitless color of Royal Stencil Creme paints! Follow the basic How to Brush Stencil with Stencil Cremes instructions found here for more details on best stencil techniques!
And viola....our colorful new lamp is ready to light up your room! The best part is that you can coordinate your paint colors to match your decor, and this project is SO fast and easy, you can change it again on a whim. You can find boring, inexpensive lamps and shades everywhere from thrift stores, yard sales, outlets-even your Mom's basement.
Shown below with a canvas art piece stenciled with our Starry Night Moroccan Stencil.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Feb 17, 2017
terryleesmail 6532 497
Aug 24, 2015
Thank you Great idea for all my boring white and off white lamp shades.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Lazy Minute Napkin Wreath
Make a decoration that says "spring is here." Check out this tutorial to learn how to make a Lazy Minute Napkin Wreath. This wreath… Continue reading: "Lazy Minute Napkin Wreath"
- Darling Decoupaged Pill Bottle Craft Idea
- Handmade Stationery Catalogue
- Frosty Coffee Filter Snowflakes
- Simplest Little Box for Organizing Craft Supplies
- How to Make a Paper Lantern: 11 DIY Paper Lanterns
- Fluttering Butterflies Picture Frame Transformation
- Beautiful Rolled Book Page Wreath
- Pretty Quilled Vase and Teacup Embellishment
- Stunning Decoupaged Desktop Lunch Box
- Printable Birch Shadow Box
Something worth saving?
- SAVE your favorite projects
- ADD personal reminder notes
- QUICKLY reference your projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Printable Basketball Maze
- Made For You, Crochet Dishcloth Wrap Label (free Printable)
- Free Printable: I Crocheted This For You, Crochet Dishcloth Wrap Label
- Free Printable: A Gift For You, Crochet Dishcloth Wrap Label
- Crochet Dishcloth Wrap Label, A Dishcloth For You
- Paper Easter Basket Craft
- Easter Craft: Another Way To Use Our Free Easter Printable
- Printable St. Patrick's Day Writing Prompt
- Printable St. Patrick's Day Maze
- Free Basketball Coloring Pages
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas