Paper Mache Egg Decoration For The Mantle
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
"I just used paper to make this really cute spring decoration for my mantle. The eggshell itself was made with papier mache on a balloon. However to give the eggshell a more plaster-like finish I painted it using a talcum powder and paint mixture. The egg was decorated with spring images from free clip art from my site. The images I used were a rabbit and daffodil flowers, two iconic images of spring. Different images could be used to update the decoration for other times of the year."
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Primary TechniqueGeneral Paper Crafting
Project or Page Size12 inches x 12 inches
Type of Paper UsedNewspaper
- scrap paper
- water balloon
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Library Scavenger Hunt
- Free Printable Earth Day Bingo Set
- First Aid Checklist Printables
- Free Printable Earth Day Word Search
- Easter Egg Juice Box
- Easter I Spy Printable
- Printable Bingo Cards
- Indoor Easter Egg Hunt Clues (free Printable)
- Easter Memory Matching Game
- 5 Free Teeth Printables For Kids
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas