Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Gifted by: Tuttle Publishing
Reviewed by Dana Byerwalter, Editor, AllFreePaperCrafts
Yes, you can wear paper, and no paper wearable is more stunning than paper jewelry. Learn how to make your very own DIY paper jewelry with Origami Jewelry from Tuttle Publishing. Authors Michael G. LaFosse and Richard L. Alexander are world-renowned origami artists who have put together this extensive collection that is sure to ignite your paper-crafting creativity.
Whether you are new to origami or a seasoned expert, these easy-to-make paper pendants, bracelets, necklaces, and earrings are accessible to crafters of all skill levels. The book is divided by bead type. Nearly every page has step-by-step instructions for a different shape so you can make a variety of paper beads. A few examples include square beads, pillow beads, preliminary form connectors, barrel beads, arrowhead beads, owl beads, wolverine claws, angel wings, and more! I personally love the teardrop beads (page 32). The shape is a classic, and it makes for stunning earrings. The example in the book shows a teardrop earring made with floral print paper, and I just love it!
A great feature near the introduction in this book is a page headed "Wearability is Critical" (page 9). The subheading reads, "Durability and comfort are the greatest concerns expressed by potential customers. Few materials available to the jeweler are as amazingly varied as paper." The text goes on to explain the best practices to ensure your origami jewelry is beautiful, comfortable, and sturdy.
Towards the back of the book are several pages on tools and materials. There is a tutorial on back-coating paper for thickness that is particularly thorough, as well as information on wirework, types of paper, and types of adhesives. Plus, are you more of a video learner? Also at the back of the book you will find a free DVD including videos with folding lessons.
Once you learn how to fold the different bead styles, you have an arsenal of potential designs you can create! Let the gorgeous examples in Origami Jewelry inspire you to make stunning pieces. As you wear your beautiful designs, loved ones will be amazed that you made them with paper!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Fall Greeting Card
- Repurposed Santa Treat Box
- Halloween Pencil Case
- Free Printable Elephant Bead Greeting Card
- Christmas Decor From Repurposed Game Blocks
- Easy Homemade Advent Calendar
- Cute Paper Snail Puppets Craft
- Free Printable Dill Recipe Greeting Card
- Free Printable Alpaca Birthday Greeting Card
- Thanksgiving Blocks Decor
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas