Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Origami Ikebana combines two time-honored Japanese traditions: flower arranging and paper folding. Discover a new appreciation of these art forms by diving into this elegant book by Benjamin John Coleman.
A math teacher by trade, Coleman believes that anyone, no matter what their profession, can be an artist. He has written several books on origami, including Origami Bonsai and Origami 101. By using straightforward techniques in Origami Ikebana, Coleman hopes to prove that you don’t have to be a genius to make a gorgeous paper flower.
This guide contains eight tutorials for leaves and over thirty tutorials for flowers. Every is accompanied by step-by-step instructions and full-color photos and diagrams, so beginners can join in the fun. As if written and illustrated instructions weren’t enough, Origami Ikebana comes with a DVD so that you can fold along with the master himself. This is a great resource for people who are new to origami because they can watch the process over and over again. Practice makes perfect!
Paper flowers are ideal embellishments for a variety of projects, from scrapbook layouts and thank you cards to handmade garlands and accessories. Learn how to roll paper stems using the makigami technique. These stems look delicate yet are strong enough to support elaborate paper blossoms. Origami Ikebana features tips for anchoring flowers in faux stone bases that can be used as centerpieces. Not only are these arrangements more cost-effective than real flowers, but they also won’t wither or wilt.
Organized by flower type, Origami Ikebana can help you get the look you need for your living space or party venue. If you can't find quite the right hue to match your home decor, you can follow Origami Ikebana's helpful tutorial on how to paint paper flowers to create a living space that is as beautiful and balanced, just like a Japanese garden.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Do you lovely the gorgeous beauty of butterflies in spring? Then you will adore this Beautiful Quilled Monarch Butterfly. Vibrant… Continue reading: "Beautiful Quilled Monarch Butterfly"
- Enter for your chance to win the Creative Origami and Paper Dolls DIY Books Bundle!
- Win a copy of Stress Less Coloring: Butterfly Gardens!
- Chance to win the Calming Paper Folded Flowers Kit Giveaway!
- Enter for your chance to win the Love By Design Adult Coloring Book and Pens Giveaway!
- Win a copy of The Hand-Stitched Flower Garden
- Win a copy of Color Me to Sleep!
- How to Make 100 Paper Flowers
- Enter for your chance to win Wild & Wonderful Origami and Origami Paper!
- Win the Adult Coloring Book Treasury!
- Win a selection of Adult Coloring Books!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Christmas Charades Printable
- Diy Birthday Number Cupcake Toppers
- Happy Birthday Coloring Page
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt Game
- Fun & Festive Reindeer Coloring Pages
- Fun & Festive Santa Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Christmas Dice Game For Gift Exchanges
- Cute Paper Cup Santa Craft For Kids
- Fun New Year’s And Christmas Party Crackers Craft
- Diy Rainbow Christmas Tree
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas