Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
Color Me to Sleep Review
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Color Me to Sleep Review
By: Lacy Mucklow and Angela Porter
Gifted by: Quarto Publishing Group
Reviewed by: Dana Byerwalter, Editor, AllFreePaperCrafts.com
Not only is coloring a relaxing activity, but it also is so relaxing it can promote restful sleep! Discover "nearly 100 coloring templates to promote relaxation and restful sleep" with Color Me to Sleep, the latest adult coloring book from Quarto Publishing Group. Author Lacy Mucklow and illustrator Angela Porter have come together again to create a gorgeous adult coloring book with peaceful slumber in mind!
So many recently published studies describe the adverse effects of looking at a screen when tired. Simulating sunrise, a bright phone can trick our minds into thinking morning has arrived and it's time to wake up. The book's synopsis says it best: "Instead of tossing and turning or looking at a screen when insomnia hits, try this creative and relaxing alternative." As with other therapeutic coloring books in the Zen Coloring series, Color Me to Sleep features six chapters that set the scene for this particular kind of peaceful coloring. The chapters are: Peaceful Environment, Cozy Comforts, Quiet Getaways, Relaxing Routines, Sleep Scenes, and Fantasies and Dreams. You'll also read a helpful and informative afterword by sleep consultant Alanna McGinn. I'd actually recommend reading this prior to coloring. The advice she tells and examples she gives shed light on the usefulness of coloring as a sleep aid.
Each chapter has a one page introduction to the artwork you will color. Quiet Getaways for example discusses the importance of the occasional reprieve from the status quo. Each chapter also includes examples of colored artwork to spark your creativity. Drawings featuring cozy cups of steaming tea, comfy armchairs at a table with books and reading glasses, sleeping critters, and more are destined to calm you and prepare your mind for rest. As I write this review, the sun is high in the sky but I'm practically getting sleepy!
Take your adult coloring hobby one step further with this themed coloring book. If you've never delved into adult coloring before but you're looking for a relaxing bedtime activity, this is the perfect place to start.
What is your favorite time of day to color?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Snowflakes, Sunbursts, and Stars
- Win a selection of Adult Coloring Books!
- Enter for your chance to win the Creative Origami and Paper Dolls DIY Books Bundle!
- 20 Ways to Draw a Dress and 44 Other Fabulous Fashions and Accessories
- How to Make 100 Paper Flowers
- Enter for your chance to win the Love By Design Adult Coloring Book and Pens Giveaway!
- Chance to win Tangle Wood Collector's Edition Adult Coloring Bundle!
- Chance to win a copy of The Art of Quilling Paper Jewelry!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Dictionary Paper Advent Calendar
- Printable Halloween Coupons For Kids
- Thank A Veteran Cards – Free Printable
- 3d Sticker Mini Valentine's Day Cards
- Printable Woodland Kid's Maks
- Printable Tahnksgiving Labels
- Printable Halloween Mazes
- Printable Halloween I Spy
- Printable Sports Word Search
- Flower Egg Ornament
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas