20 Ways to Draw a Dress and 44 Other Fabulous Fashions and Accessories
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
20 Ways to Draw a Dress and 44 Other Fabulous Fashions and Accessories: A Sketchbook for Artists, Designers, and Doodlers
By Julia Kuo
Gifted by Quarry Books
Reviewed by Molly Fletcher, Editor of AllFreePaperCrafts.com
You don’t have to be a professional artist to enjoy 20 Ways to Draw a Dress. With over 90 pages of illustrations, Julia Kuo teaches both inexperienced and experienced crafters the building blocks of fashion design. Although some of her drawings look complicated, they’re all based on simple shapes. Once you’ve learned how to break down each design to its most basic forms, sketching a sophisticated outfit is much easier.
A blank page can be overwhelming if you’re not sure how to begin. Kuo sets people of all artistic levels at ease by providing over 900 illustrations that readers can color, copy, and tweak as they see fit. Maybe there’s a color combination you’ve been meaning to try, but you can’t decide on the right shade of blue. Pick out one of the book’s illustrations, break out your colored pencils, and find out which hue works best.
Feel free to turn 20 Ways to Draw a Dress into your own fashion lookbook. Instead of flipping back and forth through the pages to match a pair of shoes with a cardigan, clip out the drawings and experiment with different combinations of colors and styles. Whether you want to master sketching a little black dress or a piece of traditional Asian garb, this book has you covered. Kuo sketches examples of every piece of clothing for every occasion, from flats to high heels, from sportswear to evening dresses, from bracelets, earrings, and belts to wristwatches and gloves. There’s a great selection of men’s clothing, too.
Fashion allows us to express ourselves in new ways every day. If we’re feeling extra girly, we can put on floral print skirts and lace blouses. If we’re feeling edgy, we can throw on some studded bracelets and a pair of distressed jeans. 20 Ways to Draw a Dress allows you to splice these looks and more into one outfit. You might be surprised by what you discover.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Chance to win a copy of Welcome Fall Colors Adult Coloring Book!
- Win a copy of The Hand-Stitched Flower Garden
- How to Make 100 Paper Flowers
- Win the Adult Coloring Book Treasury!
- Chance to win a copy of The Art of Quilling Paper Jewelry!
- Chance to win the Calming Paper Folded Flowers Kit Giveaway!
- Chance to win Bible Journaling and Faith Adult Coloring Books Giveaway!
- Enter for your chance to win Wild & Wonderful Origami and Origami Paper!
- Enter for your chance to win the Love By Design Adult Coloring Book and Pens Giveaway!
- Enter for your chance to win the Creative Origami and Paper Dolls DIY Books Bundle!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Printable Christmas Scavenger Hunt Clues
- Free I Spy Christmas Printable
- Snowman Christmas Countdown Calendar
- Printable Christmas Word List Game
- Free Paper Placemats Christmas Printable
- Printable Christmas Color By Number Pages
- Ugly Sweater Party Printables
- How To Make Pine Cones Out Of Paper
- Simple Paper Christmas Ornaments
- Free Hanukkah Coloring Pages For Kids
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas