Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
Pretty Paper Flower Wreath
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Welcome spring with the Pretty Paper Flower Wreath. This gorgeous DIY spring wreath will be a beautiful addition to your front door or your interior decor. Learn how to make paper flowers with this clever tutorial and attach them to your wreath for a festive look. When you use paper to make your wreath, the flowers never wilt! Your guests will be charmed when they see this lovely wreath on display, and they will be amazed to learn you made it yourself.
- Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock (one sheet of each below) :
- Core Impressions Jenni Bowlin: Vanilla Cr. Aunt Grace
- Vintage Angel Orchid
- Core Essentials Royal Orchid
- Core Essentials Sunrise Orchid
- Core Couture Stiletto
- Core Essentials Tangerine
- Gemstones Quartz
- Sand It Gadget
- Dust Buddy cloth
- Embossing Folder -Dot Background
- Styrofoam Wreath (1 7/8” x 17/8” x 11 7/8” – but any size will work you will just vary the number of flowers you add)
- Ribbon (wide:1 3/4” – 2”)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Foam Dots
- Cricut Machine & Mother’s Day Bouquet Cartridge (or anyone cartridge with flowers)
- 2” Circle Punch
- A Variety of Flower Punches
- Wooden Skewer or Paper Quilling Tool (*optional)
1. Cover Styrofoam wreath with wide ribbon (color of your choice). Fasten ribbon in place securely.
2. Using the Cricut machine & Mother’s Day Bouquet cartridge cut flowers as follows: (*you can use flower shaped punches if you don’t own a Cricut)
a. From Sunrise Orchid cut <Flower3> @ 3” (4 times)
b. From Royal Orchid cut <Flower50> @ 2” (approx. 25 times)
c. From Angel Orchid cut <Flower50> @ 2” (approx. 22 times)
d. From Stiletto cut <Flower23> @ 2 ¾ ” (4 times)
e. From Tangerine cut <Flower15> @ 2 ½ ” (4 times)
f. From Tangerine cut <Flower50> @ 2” (approx.11 times)
g. From Quartz cut <Flower15> @ 1 ¾ ” (4 times)
h. From Quartz cut <Flower50> @ 2” (approx. 13 times)
i. From Vanilla Cream Aunt Grace cut <Flower 19> 2 ½ ” (8 times)
* Remember: you can use whatever colors and flower designs you desire. You could also use a 2” circle punch instead of the Cricut.*
3. Emboss the Sunrise Orchid and Tangerine die-cut flowers. Sand the embossed images and clean off dust with the Dust Buddy.
4. To make the spiral roses:
a. Take one of the 2” circles (Royal Orchid, Angel Orchid, Tangerine and Quartz) and a pair of scissors. Starting at the outside edge of the circle begin cutting into the circle forming a spiral shape as you cut. As you get closer to the center make sure to stop leaving a circle shape, as this will be the base you glue the spiral shape onto.
b. Take a small skewer , quilling tool, or just use your fingers and begin rolling the paper (from the outside edge inward). Keep the spiral shape fairly snug as
you roll towards the center. When you reach the center release the spiral shape and it will relax into shape.
c. Use a hot glue gun, add some glue onto the center part of the flower and then adhere the spiral shape right onto that. Hold until set.
d. Sand the edges of the Royal Orchid and Tangerine spiral roses lightly to give a distressed look.
5. Begin to adhere the flowers to the wreath by assembling the larger flowers together first.
a. Adhere the Stiletto flower to the Sunrise Orchid embossed flower. Then adhere the Royal Orchid spiral rose to the center. (repeat 4 times)
b. Adhere the Quartz flower to the center of Tangerine embossed flower. Adhere the Tangerine spiral rose to the center (repeat 4 times)
c. Adhere a Angel Orchid spiral rose to the center of a Vanilla Cream Aunt Grace flower. Gently bend the petals of the flower. Then adhere to another Vanilla Cream Aunt Grace flower using pop/foam dots.
d. Now you can adhere these larger flowers to the wreath spacing them out accordingly.
e. Then adhere the spiral roses in between making trailing clusters as you adhere them.
The finished Paper Flower Wreath!
Read NextBeautiful 3D Paper Lanterns
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
Learn how to craft delicate blooms with the Completely Incredible Coffee Filter Roses. These beautiful paper flowers look absolutely… Continue reading: "Completely Incredible Coffee Filter Roses"
- Beautiful 3D Paper Lanterns
- Retro DIY Patio Lanterns
- Darling Decoupaged Pill Bottle Craft Idea
- Timepiece Toilet Paper Roll Craft
- Overflowing Blossoms Watering Can
- Fun Photo and Washi Tape DIY Wall Art
- 12 Vintage Takes on DIY Wall Art
- Rustic Chic Paper Bag Lamp
- Simple Washi Tape Vase
- Lovely Little Paper Flowers
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Winter Crossword Puzzle For Kids
- Printable I Spy Weather
- Printable Night Skies Coloring Page
- Printable Rainbow Templates
- Diy Valentine's Day Shaker Cards
- Free Printable Love Coupons For Valentine’s Day
- Printable Zentangle Heart Coloring Page
- St Patrick’s Day Gnomes Coloring Pages
- Rose Coloring Pages For Kids And Adults
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Cards For Kids
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas