This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
Patriotic Handprint Craft
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
From the blogger: "It’s that time of year again when the patriotic spirit is in the air! If you’re looking for a fun way to show your patriotism, why not try this simple Patriotic Handprint Craft?"
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniqueGeneral Paper Crafting
Project or Page Size8.5 inches x 11 inches
Type of Paper UsedConstruction Paper
HolidayFourth of July, Memorial Day, Patriotic Holiday
- Red, White, and Blue Colored Craft Paper
- Silver Glitter Craft Paper
- Glue stick
- Craft Glue
- Silver Tinsel Pom Poms
- Red and Blue Letter Stickers
- Star Shaped Craft Punch or Template
- Template (found on frostingandglue.com)
Download, print, and cut out the Patriotic Handprint Patterns. Trace your child’s hand onto white craft paper and cut out the handprint. Trace the other template shapes onto colored craft paper according to the directions on the template sheet. Make sure to cut out all template pieces.
Use the glue stick to attach three white stripes to the red top hat. Glue the red and white striped top hat to the edge of the handprint cut out. Add the blue rectangle to the bottom edge of the red and white striped top hat to create the hate brim. Using craft glue attach the silver tinsel pom pom underneath the blue rectangle. Let dry.
Punch out a star from silver glitter craft paper or trace your own start shape. Add the letter stickers to spell USA. Attach the star to the hat using the glue stick.
Tips and Tricks
Instead of spelling out USA, have your kids spell their name to add to the star or top hat instead!
Glue the Patriotic Handprints onto popsicle sticks to make little puppets for your kiddos to play with and wave around at your Fourth of July festivities!
Use puff paint or glitter glue instead of sticker letters for the USA.
Read NextHow to Make Hanging Paper Snowflakes
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Whether you’re dating or you’ve been married for decades, these free printable love coupons make a great (inexpensive!) gift for… Continue reading: "Free Printable Love Coupons For Valentine’s Day"
- How to Make Hanging Paper Snowflakes
- Stunning Paper Bag Snowflakes
- Frosted Ice Quilled Snowflake
- Diy Valentine's Day Shaker Cards
- Cute Christmas Gnome Craft
- 10+ Free Printables for St. Patrick's Day
- Printable Easter Basket and Bunny
- "Irish You a Happy St. Patty's Day" Tag
- "Dad Rocks" Free Printables
- Gilded Edge Quilled Paper Snowflake
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Free Girl Scout Cookie Thank You Cards
- Pizza Coloring Pages For Kids And Adults
- Free Printable Easter Gnomes Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Zebra Coloring Pages
- Free Rainbow Coloring Pages
- Fun Train Facts And Train Coloring Pages
- Free Printable March Coloring Pages
- Hoppy Easter Shaker Card
- Winter Crossword Puzzle For Kids
- Printable I Spy Weather
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas