Vintage Perfume Bottle Birthday Card
Make a birthday card for a friend that loves the finer things in life. The Vintage Perfume Bottle Birthday Card features a vintage perfume bottle and some additional retro elements to add some old-world charm. The faded colors and perfume bottle images are completely unique and characteristic of vintage-style crafts. The handmade birthday card is fit for a queen. It speaks of luxury and opulence, and the recipient will surely treasure this special card for a long time to come.
- Provided Pattern of the Perfume Bottle
- 11” x 5.4” Natural Colored Cardstock
- 5” Square Cut from Vintage French Scrapbook Paper (for this project, the scrapbook paper used was Marie Antoinette: perfumes c53 004 from www.fabscraps.co.za)
- Left-over Piece of Light Green Marbled Cardstock for the Perfume Bottle
- 3.6” x 2.6” Vanilla Colored Cardstock
- Suitable Rub-on Stickers (for this project, vintage flowers and the word authentic was used)
- Upikit Brown Vintage Peel-off Stickers
- Bronze Ink Glimmer Mist
- Golden Craft Foil
- Foilart Super-tack Glue Pen
- 3d Self-adhesive Foam Squares
- Small Self-adhesive Rhinestones: 1 Caramel Colored and Two Pink
- Clear-drying Gel Glue (such as bostik clear)
- A Sponge (use one that was inside a medicine bottle)
1. Score the natural cardstock in half to create a card sized 5.4” x 5.4”.
2. Use the sponge and bronze Ink Glimmer Mist to add a washed frame all around the 5” vintage French scrapbook paper square. Allow to dry thoroughly.
3. Add a peel-off sticker to the left and bottom sides of the vintage square and cut off any protruding edges.
4. With the fold at the left, center and glue the vintage square to the front of the card.
5. Apply the Authentic rub-on sticker to the top right corner of the vintage square, and add two vintage flowers to the left of the Authentic sticker.
6. Trace the perfume bottle onto the green cardstock and cut it out.
7. Use the Super-tack glue pen to draw a design on the bottom part of the bottle, and to color the bottle stopper.
8. Allow the Super-tack glue to dry for about 20 minutes. When the glue is wet, it is blue, but when it is dry it becomes transparent.
9. Press the golden foil down on the glue. Remember that – of course - the golden side of the foil must be on top. Rub the foil over the areas where you have added glue with the Super-tack glue pen and carefully lift the foil.
10. Add five rub-on flowers to the bottle, and add the three rhinestones to the centre of the three larger flowers.
11. Use the sponge and bronze Ink Glimmer Mist to add a washed frame all around the vanilla colored cardstock and allow to dry thoroughly.
12. Glue the vanilla cardstock to the bottom left corner of the card.
13. Use the 3D self-adhesive foam squares to affix the perfume bottle to the vanilla cardstock.
Read NextReach for the Stars Birthday Card