Splendid Purple Birthday Card
Looking for birthday card making ideas? Then this Splendid Purple Birthday Card is just what you need. Use a combination of purple, silver, and black craft material to make a gorgeous birthday card. The purple hues represent luxury and extravagance. Silver elements add to the overall look of opulence and produce a homemade card that radiates elegance and grace. Layered and refined, this stunning birthday card is sure to standout out amongst other card making ideas. This is a DIY card that will make the recipient feel special and loved.
- 6.2” x 8.2” purple cardstock
- sheet of ordinary white printer paper
- 3.9” x 4.3” dark purple corrugated cardstock
- three 1.2” wide flat-sided metal sunflowers
- five 10mm clear self-adhesive flat-sided rhinestones
- 14mm wide black self-adhesive decorative lace tape
- 0.6” wide black satin ribbon with white polka dots
- 0.2” wide silver metallic ribbon
- 3D self-adhesive foam squares
- Staedtler 12-color watercolor set
- Pilot silver marker pen
- Artline 210 Fineliner Pen
- purple crayon
- purple waterpaint
- iron and ironing board
- standard scissors
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Make the background paper:
a. Use the purple crayon to draw different-sized hearts on the white printer paper. Link the hearts with some crayon vines.
b. Use the paintbrush and purple watercolor paint to give the whole piece of paper a wash.
c. Allow to dry thoroughly before lightly ironing the paper.
d. Use the silver and black pens to add some detail to the hearts and vines.
e. Cut a piece sized 4.3” x 3.9” from the paper.
- Score the purple cardstock in half to create a card sized 6.2” x 4.1”.
- With the fold at the left, glue the background paper to the top of the card.
- Take the purple corrugated cardstock and cut out the inside, leaving a space of 0.2” from the outer edges of this piece to make a “frame.” Glue the frame to the front of the card, gluing it on top of the background paper.
- Glue the black satin ribbon with white polka dots to the bottom of the card. Add a strip of decorative lace above and below the ribbon, and cut off any protruding edges.
- Glue the metallic ribbon over the polka-dotted ribbon and cut off any protruding edges.
- Use 3D self-adhesive foam squares to affix the sunflowers to the card.
- Add the five rhinestones to the metallic ribbon.
Read NextReach for the Stars Birthday Card