Twisted Flowers and Precious Memories Box
Store your photos in style with the Twisted Flowers and Precious Memories Box. This decorative gift box comes together beautifully, and it's practical, too! Simply cover the outside of a plain box with your favorite decorative paper. Be sure to embellish it will flowers and tendrils. The DIY paper flower tutorial featured below is a great way to make gorgeous blooms without a die cutting machine. Don't leave your photos scattered in unorganized piles. Instead, get organized in a decorative way with this photo box.
- WorldWin DoubleMates Cardstock (Orange Dream)
- WorldWin DoubleMates Cardstock (Outdoorsy Olive)
- Graphic45 Mother Goose Collection Cardstock, Chipboard and Die Cut Elements
- Studio G Ink (orange and green)
- Decorative Scissors from Fiskars
- Studio G Glitter Glue
Start with the box that your 4x6 photo paper comes in. It can be a black and blue HP box. It even fastens on the bottom.
Cover the box with pieces of patterned paper from the Graphic45 "Mother Goose" collection. Then add some blooms and leaves that you make with WorldWin DoubleMates cardstock.
Here is a close-up of the detail and part of the blooms. Add some chipboard and cardstock accents from the collection as well. And a little bow! Add glitter glue around the edges to give a more finished look. Also, add some little tendrils of green cardstock that are curled for added detail. The leaves are just cut from WorldWin (outdoorsy olive) cardstock and inked for detail.
For the blooms, use WorldWin DoubleMates (orange dream) cardstock. Start by drawing 4 circles, 2 smaller than the other.
Then cut them out with decorative edge scissors.
Here is what the circles looked like.
Then cut small slits into each one. Cut four in the larger and three in the smaller ones.
Then ink the edges and the center as shown below. You will mist with water, so the color will blend and not look so harsh.
Mist with water and fold into centers and twist slightly, they will look like these.
After they dry thoroughly, gently unfold and shape them until you like the way they look.
Then layer them together and you're done! These are really simple but cute little blooms!
"Name the Project" Contest:
- Leave a comment on this page below with your suggested title for this project. The entrant whose project title we choose will be recognized on the project page.
- You have until June 19, 2014, at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this No Name Photo Box and Flower Tutorial page with your suggested project title. Comments posted after June 19, 2014 will not be accepted.
- Entrants are welcome to leave multiple comments/suggest multiple project titles.
- Winners will be announced here on the project page as well as contacted by e-mail.
Congratulations to kathyonpc 3394621! Your project name, Twisted Flowers and Precious Memories Box, was selected as the winner for this no name contest. Many thanks to all who participated!