Stenciled DIY Photo Booth Backdrop
Create an easy and elegant Stenciled DIY Photo Booth Backdrop! This fantastic tutorial will teach you how to make a photo booth backdrop for an upcoming wedding reception or birthday party. Grab your favorite patterned stencils and paint in a color that matches the party theme. You can paint on any handy backdrop material, such as butcher paper, fabric, or canvas. Once you finish your backdrop, all you need are your props! Every party is better with a photo booth, and you can make your own with this tutorial.
- Large Step-up Triangles Stencil
- 2" Stencil Brush
- Royal Stencil Creme Paints: Bright Gold, Copper Kettle, Pearl Oyster
- Small or Medium Nylon Paint Roller, Roller Handle, Paint Tray
- Off White Eggshell Latex Paint
- Painter’s tape, Paper Towels
- Heavy Canvas, Paper, Dropcloth, or Fabric
1. You can use some heavy Roclon canvas for the backdrop. This material is actually used to create light-blocking window treatments and can be found nationwide at fabric stores, like Jo-Ann's Fabrics. Otherwise, you could substitute dropcloth canvas, fabric curtains or heavy paper for your backdrop material. Roll the canvas with 2 coats of the latex paint color of your choice.
2. When stenciling a symmetrical allover stencil design in a featured area like this, it's always best to center the pattern so that it ends at the same place on both sides of the canvas. Determine the center vertical line of the backdrop and center one of the triangle elements there. Simply use ScotchBlue™ Painter's Tape to keep the stencil in place.
3. To achieve this specific shade of gold, combine Royal Stencil Creme paints at a rate of 1 part Bright Gold + 1/8 part Copper Kettle + 1/8 part Pearl Oyster. The Stencil Creme colors can be easily customized in this way to create many glorious shades of shimmering metallic color. Stencil Creme paints are best used with one of the Signature Stencil Brushes, and a large 2" stencil brush holds a large amount of paint, allowing you to cover a larger area quickly.
Of course a super FUN Photo Booth requires accessories that allow your guests to get a little silly!
Read NextUmbrella Bridal Shower Favor Box