This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
Little Coffee Filter Butterflies
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
To make these Little Coffee Filter Butterflies, you first need to color your filters, I used permanent markers and water to color mine. After completely dry, draw or trace your butterflies onto the filters and cut them out. I used two for each to give double wings. Place a pipe cleaner down the middle between the wings and glue. Leave enough on each end to make the antennas on one and on the other end fold around to form the body. Spread the wings out slightly and form your coffee filter butterfly. That's it!
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniquePaper Crafts
Type of Paper UsedTextured Paper
- Coffee filters
- Markers, colors, paint, etc. for decoration
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Pipe cleaners
Color or dye filters and let dry.
Once dry, draw or trace your favorite butterflies onto the filters.
Cut out your butterflies (make two of each design).
Place a pipe cleaner between the two cutouts of the same and glue each side to the pipe cleaner.
Take some floral wire and wrap it around the pipe cleaner to make a way for the butterfly to appear to be hovering over a vase of flowers about 6" or more.
Fold out your wings and shape your butterfly.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you hate trying to squeeze your signature onto a group card, then this Super Awesome Group Thank You Card is the project for you!… Continue reading: "Super Awesome Group Thank You Card"
- Quick and Easy Cereal Box DIY Notebook
- Rad Recycled Paper Homemade Coasters
- 26 Recycled Materials Crafts with Paper
- Hungry Cardboard Tube Craft Giraffe
- Quick and Easy Bird Bookmarks
- Big Pencil Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
- Toilet Roll Craft Toy Telescope
- DIY Repurposed Map Roses
- DIY Organizer with Toilet Paper Rolls
- Cereal Boxes Desktop Organizer
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Printable Summer Mandala Coloring Page
- Printable Lunch Notes For Kids
- How To Print On Watercolor Paper
- Free You’ve Been Booed Printable For Halloween
- Printable Lunch Notes: Cute Critters
- This What To Pack For Lunch Printable Helps Kids Be Independent
- Halloween Paper Plate Pumpkin Craft
- Free Printable Pirate Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Halloween Coloring Book For Kids
- Free Printable Fall Bucket List For Families
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas