Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
Plaid Mod Podge
We are adding the craft to your Crafts.
The craft was added to your Crafts.
Plaid Mod Podge
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreePaperCrafts.com
Plaid Mod Podge is a DIY-er dream. The only limit to this versatile product is your own imagination. From paper to wood and more, Mod Podge is the glue that every crafter or DIYer needs to hold it all together.
A total classic in the crafting world, you may have noticed that Plaid's Mod Podge is a household name. This glue and sealer is the ultimate in all-in-one convenience. It's often called Modge Podge, and has been used in homes and classrooms since 1967. It's water-based and non-toxic, and provides a sturdy, laminating finish whenever you're applying paper, photos, and other craft materials to a surface.
You might think of this glue as perfect for cards, scrapbooking and other paper projects, but it's amazing and you can use it for bigger projects. For instance, a friend of mine once used Mod Podge to create an art installment: she covered an old classroom desk with photos of her best friends from school. Years later, all the photos were still securely glued to the desk top and chair. Pretty unbelievable!
Plaid offers many variations in its Mod Podge line, from acrylic finishes to chalkboard finishes and more. Want something glittery or textured? It's easy with Mod Podge. Plaid even offers foam brushes, stencils and other tools alongside Mod Podge so that you can make a complete project including Mod Melts. Mod Melts are great for creating custom embellishments that can be decorated with craft paint. Typically a pack contains 16 10 inch long mini melts that come in clear, metallic colors or fun glitter colors. Mod Melts are much like hot glue sticks that are heated up and squeazed into a Mod Mold and then popped out as a hard material; you can then paint it as you desire. It's really fun to embellish cards with.
There's no doubt this is a reliable product - it's been around forever for a reason! This should be a staple in any DIYer's home.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Chance to win a Westcott Hot Glue Pen!
Fiskars ProCision Rotary Bypass Trimmer Review
Win the Ultimate Origami for Beginners Kit!
Spectacular Polyform Embellishment Collection
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Prize Pack
Stackable Washi Dispenser
Enter to win the Sew Easy Starter Kit!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Paper Mosaic Autumn Leaves
- Printable Pop Up Bouquet Birthday Card
- Nature's Grace Zfold Slit Card Tutorial
- Paper Autumn Leaves Suncatchers
- Mommy and Me Scrapbook Layout
- No-Sew Paper Garland with Cricut
- Printable Crafty Dice Game
- DIY Paper Star Lantern
- Beyond the Shores Window Easel Card
- 5 Minute DIY July 4th Decorations
- 16 Free Printables: Free Printable Greeting Cards and Other Printable Paper Crafts
- Gorgeous Paper Crafts: 18 Card Making Ideas, Scrapbook Layouts, and DIY Paper Flowers
- How to Scrapbook and Craft With Embellishments: 13 Simple Paper Crafts
- Ideas for Valentine's Day: 12 Free Printable Valentine's Day Cards and Other Valentine's Day Crafts
- Paper Crafts for Kids: 10 Paper Toys, Printable Paper Dolls, and Other Craft Ideas